Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What would you like to see in the OG store ?

Started by redarrow, February 26, 2011, 07:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

While I agree that some of this stuff would be nice to have, one thing that needs to be remembered is the fact that OG and OH have to front the money for this stuff.  Maybe we should be content with what is offered.  Just a thought.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

OldMarine

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

bird

Quote from: CASH on February 27, 2011, 11:53:41 AM
While I agree that some of this stuff would be nice to have, one thing that needs to be remembered is the fact that OG and OH have to front the money for this stuff.  Maybe we should be content with what is offered.  Just a thought.

You are so right Bob.  One thing everyone doesn't think about is the fact that they have to pay for these items up front out of their own pockets and if they don't sell these items then they get stuck with the losses.  Its one thing for people to say they want certain items but when the time comes around to pay for them then these people have the tendency to disappear.

Annie and Shannon are trying to provide the OG members with something they can call their own right now with Patches and Decals.  They order a limited supply of these items so that they will sell out and that they don't get stuck with a loss out of "their" pockets.  So I can only see one way for anything beyond decals and stickers ever becoming a reality is if there is an interest in say for example an OG mouse pad.  Then I think that if the members are interested in an OG mouse pad that they need to order them up front and "pay" for them up front so that Annie and Shannon know exactly how many they need to order this way they don't get stuck with a bunch of OG mouse pads sitting around their house. 

Shirts I don't see happening people.... It would be very difficult and a ton of work for them to order different sizes and different colors and then get paid for them up front.  Come on now.... running this site is allot of work as it is now and to ask them to do something like would be putting even more strain and stress on their brain cells and family life.

All of these ideas are great and I love em but some how, some way someone is going to have to come up with a plan or an idea that would not create an extra amount of work and stress on Annie and Shannon and also with no worry of any monetary loss on their part.  Whatever plan or idea you come up with has to be thought out thoroughly where everything is paid for UP FRONT.  If someone comes up with an idea or a plan PLEASE RUN BY ANNIE AND SHANNON FIRST.  They are the owners of the site and have final say in anything that involves the OG site.  Remember..... Get their approval first on all ideas and plans.

I hope you all understand and can appreciate everything that they already do for us now with providing us a "free, no drama, no hassle, family friendly" site to hang out and call your second home with world renowned call makers, turkey hunters, BINGO games and just good ol' everyday folk that enjoy life's pleasures the same as you do.

Thank You
jmo
Al aka bird

redarrow

If pre orders are taken it wouldnt cost OG OH any out of pocket expense. There is work involved of course. Perhaps we could assemble a Merchandise committee that would be willing to do the leg work and give Annie and Shannon a break.

bird

Quote from: redarrow on February 27, 2011, 01:12:30 PM
If pre orders are taken it wouldnt cost OG OH any out of pocket expense. There is work involved of course. Perhaps we could assemble a Merchandise committee that would be willing to do the leg work and give Annie and Shannon a break.

Now your starting to think in the right direction....

But remember.... Every idea and plan has to be ran by Annie and Shannon.

Good Thinking Redarrow  :icon_thumright:

Thank You

Al

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

knightrider

with a pre order form where you have to pay up front then have your stuff ordered so they are not out any money up front? i would be willing to wait longer to recieve my stuff so there would be no out of pocket cost for the fine og folks

turkeybow

Quote from: redarrow on February 27, 2011, 01:12:30 PM

:icon_thumright:

I'd like a hoodie and the 2009 patch!!
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

turkey slayer

TRKYHTR

Mossy Oak Camo long sleeve shirts with the OldGobbler.com. Just like the Ol Tom Technical team shirts.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

bird

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on February 27, 2011, 04:22:04 PM
I vote for BIRD to me the President of the merchandise committee and he can take the money out of his pocket :groupwave:

Too bad this isn't a democracy and your vote doesn't mean squat there boob boy!

OldHen

I have no problem getting prices for you guys on MOST of these items...but we will not be able to do EVERYTHING as my distributor may carry mouse pads, but not mugs, may carry this but not that... and well --- things may need to come from different companies.. I will get info and post up for you all ---

T shirts are TRICKY in the fact that the camo my main distributor carries is NOT the camo you all would want... so solid black shirts may be the way to go...and IF I found a good camo --- so many of you want different kinds... obession, break up,etc... -- we would only be able to offer what is available...limiting it for everyone...

just bare with me.. let me see a FEW THINGS I can get together for you ---

and YES it would have to be PRE ORDERED ---cause , no offense... I dont want to get stuck with 12 COFFEE MUGS with OG on it! LOL

turkeybow

Quote from: OldHen on February 28, 2011, 08:10:51 AM
I have no problem getting prices for you guys on MOST of these items...but we will not be able to do EVERYTHING as my distributor may carry mouse pads, but not mugs, may carry this but not that... and well --- things may need to come from different companies.. I will get info and post up for you all ---

T shirts are TRICKY in the fact that the camo my main distributor carries is NOT the camo you all would want... so solid black shirts may be the way to go...and IF I found a good camo --- so many of you want different kinds... obession, break up,etc... -- we would only be able to offer what is available...limiting it for everyone...

just bare with me.. let me see a FEW THINGS I can get together for you ---

and YES it would have to be PRE ORDERED ---cause , no offense... I dont want to get stuck with 12 COFFEE MUGS with OG on it! LOL

Sounds like a plan Annie  :icon_thumright:  THANK YOU!!  I don't blame you one bit cause I wouldn't want to be stuck with them either  :TooFunny:
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

chatterbox

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem pre-paying for anything. If there is enough interest to generate an order of coffee mugs, count me in. If not, that's fine too.

Spellnj3

Black T-shirts with this years logo, I will take two and pay for them up front!!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr