OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wisconsin gobbler DOWN!

Started by RC_STRUT, April 18, 2012, 05:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RC_STRUT

Here's my gobbler I took on opening day here in Wisconsin.  Had him at 5 yards in full strut and he walked out behind a hen. I was in my blind. He literally flipped my jake decoy upside down and started beating the crap out of my decoy.  The hen pecked at my "upright hen" because she was ticked at her too.

Talk about a rush!  And I have to say, turkey hunting has become a new addiction for me!!!!  What an awesome hunt!

RC_STRUT

*21-22 lbs. 
*10 1/2" beard

Nothing for spurs.....just rounded bumps that looked like mosquito bites....anyone have any clue what that's all about? I just saw full strut with a long beard when I shot.  I hear it's from genetics or just an really old bird. He was big.

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice bird.. Where in Wi. do you hunt?.. Where are you from? Waukesha Co. here..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

shootemintheface

Improvinghunter101

Congrats on your bird!  Several years ago I killed a nice tom that didn't even have nubs.  There was nothing there like he had never even grown any spurs.  It had a 10" beard and weighed about 18 lbs.  Then two weeks later, my brother was hunting the same area and shot one that didn't have any spurs or nubs either.

RutnNStrutn

Likely genetics. A really old bird would have good hooks. Either way, congrats on a fine bird and an exciting hunt!!

woodwzrd

Nice bird. Gotta love them fat grain fed WI birds. I hunt up in Dunn county and in Clark county sometimes. Where are you at?

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

RC_STRUT

I currently hunt Jefferson Co.

Thanks fellas!!!!

Lightnrod

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

pullit

That will teach him to be a bully, congrats

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase