News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hurry Up May 1st!!!!!

Started by tomstopper, April 18, 2012, 03:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Quote from: milertyme03 on April 20, 2012, 01:30:46 PM
What part of NY are you guys from? And how are reports in your areas?

I live in St. Lawrence County and I am seeing birds everywhere and heavy gobbling.  There are a lot of first year birds.
I live in Steuben county and the piece of land that I am hunting is loaded with turkeys. Last fall when I was deer hunting, I seen turkeys every day. Each week I check my trail cams and they to are loaded with turkey pics. I cant speak for the whole county but alot of the backroads that I drive on near my home have many flocks on the powerlines and in the fields. I definitely don't see a reduction of the turkey population from last year. If anything I would have to say from my observation that the population is thriving. Most are young birds but there is also some good looking gobblers as well.

mikejd

I actually live in NJ now but I have a camp in chenango/madison county thats were i turkey hunt. and I deer hunt in Essex county.Haven't been up since deer season but i think its going to be a bit more active this year. Lets hope. Dont forget all those birds we saw deer season should have made this winter. Although last spring was wet should be some young birds around. Maybe I will remember what a gobble sounds like.

tomstopper

Quote from: mikejd on April 20, 2012, 08:01:46 PM
I actually live in NJ now but I have a camp in chenango/madison county thats were i turkey hunt. and I deer hunt in Essex county.Haven't been up since deer season but i think its going to be a bit more active this year. Lets hope. Dont forget all those birds we saw deer season should have made this winter. Although last spring was wet should be some young birds around. Maybe I will remember what a gobble sounds like.
Good luck.