OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Honduras Rosewood/Yellow Heart with Canarywood/Red Heart Box Call

Started by Austy, April 18, 2012, 01:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

This box call was made for one of the members here on OG (JnL).  This is the first call that I have had the fortune of selling because of this site, so thanks to all who keep it up and running.
This Box call has one piece end blocks and base which is Honduras Rosewood with Yellow Heart blades glued to the base and end blocks.  The Lid is Canarywood with 1/8" Red Heart inlays the length of it.  This combination of exotic woods was an experiment on my part because I have never used any of these woods to build a box.  I thought that it would be a pretty box but had no idea how it was going to sound, but thought that it would just have to sound good.  Well I wasn't disappointed once I put it together.  Its a little on the high pitch side but has a nice roll over.
I had asked Josh if he would mind if I experiment with some woodburning on the call and he was all in, thanks for having some faith in me Josh.  A feather on the lid, 2 gobblers standing in a farm field on one side and on the other, its supposed to be a gobbler walking thru a water hole, at least in my mind.
I hope she plays well for you Josh and you have great success with your new box.

Thanks for the look, and good luck bustin some heads with her this spring.

JnL

I had 100% faith in you from the beginning!  You did an outstanding job!  Thanks again for such a quick turn around!  If anyone is interested in a new box, I highly recommend Austins calls.  He goes above and beyond to ensure that youre satisfied.  You will not be disappointed. 

Josh

lonnie sneed jr.

That is a very nice looking box call. I am a box call junkie. Nice Job

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

bcc2011

very nice call always good to see a fellow box call maker show his talent
Brother Custom Calls