OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkeys while Driving

Started by CT Spur Collector, April 18, 2012, 09:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT Spur Collector

Pennsylvania recently passed a "no texting while driving" law. If suspected of texting by a trooper or local law enforcement officer, you can be fine $50.00 for texting.

I told my wife, I sure hope they don't ban "turkeys while driving". I've drove off the road more than enough times while trying to grab my binos and get stopped to check out field birds. I'm good till she gets so mad, she makes me pull over so she can drive and I can look. Yeah, It's that bad this time of year.

Anyone else have this problem? 

Good luck, be careful but most of all, have fun, life is short.

archery1

yep,,,turkeys,,,deer and a occasional female
she gets mad!!!
:lol:
Take a kid hunting

mikejd

Oh yeah. I bet all of us have that problem. Couple it in with the lack of sleep during the season and I probably look like a drunk driver 1/2 the time.

redarrow

Yep. I'm afflicted.  My name is Bill and I'm a Turkaholic.

HunterMan

Yep, same with me. I sovled it though...Quit taking my wife.

pullit

eaglea1

For SURE, my wife justs hates riding with me, and more than once I caught her trying to steer for me. She also has that passenger brake just about worn thru the floorboards. She just can't take a joke.

Ha ha, "My name is Randy and I'm a turkeyholic too"  That's funny Bill   :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

TauntoHawk

"I'm not txting officer, Honest! I'm surfing old gobbler on taptalk"   

:funnyturkey:

Quote from: CT Spur Collector on April 18, 2012, 09:32:52 AM
Pennsylvania recently passed a "no texting while driving" law. If suspected of texting by a trooper or local law enforcement officer, you can be fine $50.00 for texting.

I told my wife, I sure hope they don't ban "turkeys while driving". I've drove off the road more than enough times while trying to grab my binos and get stopped to check out field birds. I'm good till she gets so mad, she makes me pull over so she can drive and I can look. Yeah, It's that bad this time of year.

Anyone else have this problem? 

Good luck, be careful but most of all, have fun, life is short.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Turkey Trot

Is it illegal to prop your hands on the top of the steering wheel and practicing on your pot calls?   ;D ;D
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

mikejd

Turkey trot. While driving stick makes it more interesting.lol.

jblackburn

I'm guilty! Yesterday I about went in the ditch because there was a strutter 10 yards off the county road about a mile from the house!  He gobbled as I went by!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Timmer

Oh yeah, I've gone onto the shoulder for turkeys, pheasants, sandhills, deer...I love catching animals in action, and espcially love pointing it out to the kids!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Arkansawyer

Guilty.
A few years ago, I was coming back from scouting early in the spring.  I was eyeballing a stump that I thought was a turkey out in a field.  Look back at the road, and someone was stopped turning left!  I ran off the road on the right, hopped a driveway, and then run up into some woods.  Amazingly, no one was hurt, and neither was my truck.
I've learned my lesson since then.

nogoodreezen

I'm always hunting while I'm driving.  Just can't shut it off even if I am supposed to be focusing on other things.

tomstopper

Quote from: eaglea1 on April 18, 2012, 11:49:32 AM
For SURE, my wife justs hates riding with me, and more than once I caught her trying to steer for me. She also has that passenger brake just about worn thru the floorboards. She just can't take a joke.

Ha ha, "My name is Randy and I'm a turkeyholic too"  That's funny Bill   :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I can relate. Two years ago I was watching turkeys on a power line cut and had my wife looking as well. I drove over a speed limit sign and split my oil pan. My wife to this day is on top of my rubber necking when she rides with me (especially during turkey season). Whats funny is that its the only accident I have ever been in. Damn TURKEYS. What an obssession.....