OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Grandslam Mounts

Started by IORIO52, April 17, 2012, 11:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountman62

Quote from: vicksburg on April 18, 2012, 09:21:47 AM

Here's what I did. Already had a couple of full body mount easterns and didn't have room, or the funds for 4 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vicksburg, love the mounted fan display, i was thinking about something along that line if i ever get a Slam, only 1/2 way there
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

IORIO52

Thanks for your input BigEz, I would love to see a pic of your merriam if you have one handy, sounds like a beauty.

Vicksburg, thanks for sharing, that is a really cool idea and looks great. Single season slam makes it that much better.

Gslam95, thanks for sharing. I love how white that goulds is. I notice sometimes that merriams can look more gold than white, resembling a rio. Is there a particular state or region that the merriams tend to be more white colored or is it just luck of the draw with each particular bird?

NC-struts

Those are all really nice mounts.  I personally like the in-flight mounts!

RutnNStrutn

I love this!! When I get my 2nd slam, I'm gonna do one just like it!!

RutnNStrutn

I don't have all of my Slam birds mounted. I will in the future. I did mount my Merriams, and my best Eastern, though he wasn't my Slam Eastern. Got a fan mount of my Slam Eastern and one of my Rios.

My West Virginia Slam Eastern fan mount

My best Eastern, from Michigan, had 1-1/2" spurs

Oklahoma Rio fan with some beards and a set of hooks

My Merriams

IORIO52

Thanks rutnstrut, great pics!

TauntoHawk

If I have get the chance at a slam I think this could be my first choice of display with the only change being Id want the beards and spurs worked in there somewhere.

Heck if I get lucky enough to kill 4 easterns this year all with good fans I might do this because it looks cool

Here's what I did. Already had a couple of full body mount easterns and didn't have room, or the funds for 4 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tail Feathers

Taunto you could put the beard inside th frame, along the edge and mount the spurs somehow on each edge.

I love the way all four fit in one display there.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dan Mallia

Great displays!

Someday. Someday.

schuylkillspur

Here are a few Ideas, Some day I want to get a something made up for each one with the info from where they were taken and when.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

TauntoHawk

Yeah I was thinking tack a nail in the center of each half circle taht holds the fan and hang the beard and spurs there.. like I said

Need 4 good birds in a year which is a long shot with limited time

Quote from: Tail Feathers on April 19, 2012, 06:26:36 PM
Taunto you could put the beard inside th frame, along the edge and mount the spurs somehow on each edge.

I love the way all four fit in one display there.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>