OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

is this the remington everyone wants?

Started by snapper1982, April 17, 2012, 06:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snapper1982

went to a shop today found this on the shelf. went to another shop a few miles away and found an sp-10 that matchs. oh i didnt buy either of them. lol

MUSHCREEK

You should have bought it! How much were they asking for it?

Trevor2

Quote from: MUSHCREEK on April 17, 2012, 06:41:25 PM
You should have bought it! How much were they asking for it?
x2 and where at?
Strutstopper

snapper1982

595 for the 12 gauge and 829 for the sp-10

FL-Boss

what is the big deal about "old school" 11-87?  what is difference between the new ones?  how old is old school 11-87's?   

joshb311

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 17, 2012, 07:32:52 PM
what is the big deal about "old school" 11-87?  what is difference between the new ones?  how old is old school 11-87's?   

According to what I've been told, the "old school" models were good guns. The newer ones are supposedly inferior quality in comparison. Not trying to offend anyone or start any kind of dispute. Just what I've seen/heard. I don't own one so I can't say for sure.

Trevor2

They are referring to the old camo patterns.
Strutstopper

surehuntsalot

they are also a better made gun compared to the guns that Remington puts out today
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

R AJ

Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 17, 2012, 09:51:56 PM
they are also a better made gun compared to the guns that Remington puts out today

X8

Kylongspur88

Quote from: RAJ on April 17, 2012, 10:00:50 PM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 17, 2012, 09:51:56 PM

X8

x10. Love my old 1187. Not my primary gun, but it will run circles around the new ones.

FL-Boss

Thanks... just wondering.  My 11-87 I hunt turkey with is around 20 years old.. I guess it is one of the good old school ones.  Never jamed anyway

bustedspur

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 17, 2012, 11:29:44 PM
Thanks... just wondering.  My 11-87 I hunt turkey with is around 20 years old.. I guess it is one of the good old school ones.  Never jamed anyway
:icon_thumright:

fallsflight

Quote from: joshb311 on April 17, 2012, 07:51:44 PM
what is the big deal about "old school" 11-87?  what is difference between the new ones?  how old is old school 11-87's?  

According to what I've been told, the "old school" models were good guns. The newer ones are supposedly inferior quality in comparison. Not trying to offend anyone or start any kind of dispute. Just what I've seen/heard. I don't own one so I can't say for sure.

Not replying as if you intended to start a dispute,  but this is where many people are confused or misled by others.  Remington quality has not become inferior when you compare the older versions to the newer versions or when you compare Remington to any other gun manufacture.  The less expensive models are intentionally designed with a lower degree of fit and finish. There is a difference there most people do not understand.  Those "old school" guns just have that "old school" camo on them that people really fell in love with.  An 870 or 11-87 bought today will function just as well as an "old school" camo one.  

Michigander

Quote from: fallsflight on April 18, 2012, 09:21:21 PM
what is the big deal about "old school" 11-87?  what is difference between the new ones?  how old is old school 11-87's?  

Not replying as if you intended to start a dispute,  but this is where many people are confused or misled by others.  Remington quality has not become inferior when you compare the older versions to the newer versions or when you compare Remington to any other gun manufacture.  The less expensive models are intentionally designed with a lower degree of fit and finish. There is a difference there most people do not understand.  Those "old school" guns just have that "old school" camo on them that people really fell in love with.  An 870 or 11-87 bought today will function just as well as an "old school" camo one.  
I respectfully disagree, this has not been my experience.

mrlongbeard

Quote from: fallsflight on April 18, 2012, 09:21:21 PM

Well said.
Remington Arms has been in business for nearly 200 years. Obviously them manufacture quality products. I agree it is an issue about making a more reasonably priced product to compete with their competitors. A vast number of consumers want a lower priced gun, so fit and finish are not the same as the higher end models. Remember the old saying " You get what you pay for " . The only way to get cheaper is to buy the chinese clone JUNK. NO THANKS. I am a Made In The USA guy all the way.