turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shur Shot stock for 20ga 870

Started by bigjames50, April 16, 2012, 05:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjames50

Can anyone tell me were to find these? Ive been searching for a couple days with no luck. Everyone i find is  for the 12ga. Thanks.

BrowningGuy88

order directly from Remington. Black only I believe

mightyjoeyoung

I can sure tell you where you WON'T find one.  On the internet!  They're as scarce as hen's teeth and so are the specops recoil reducing stocks for the 20 ga. Remmys!  I won't even begin to tell you the kind of hoops I have had to jump through to procure mine.  Let's just say, there are three e sellers out there that got an earfull on why they need to update their item in stock counters!!! :angry9:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Eric Gregg

The only place I know that you will find them is with Remington.
Call up their customer service line and ask them for it.
I have it and it is the best. Transforms your little 20ga into a whole 'nuther gun.

Good luck and hope you get it!

bigjames50

Thanks guys,I guess I'll call remington and go from there.

old frank

I hunted and searched all over.

Some websites say fits all 12 and 20 ga but that is not true. It does fit some of the older big frame 20gauges.

I finally called Remington and I got it a week later. Only available in black as far as I know. They do sell a camo 870 20ga so you think camo would be available and maybe one day it will.

I got mine five months ago so if you want camo, ask Remington, maybe they have them now.

Good Luck!

killdee

I could only find it in 12 gauge at the rem. site. I did send them an e-mail to find out.

remmy1187

It is part# 306720 and price is 68.00 plus shipping.  Only comes in black and you only get the stock, the fore-end is a seperate part.

struttnnc

i called remington about a month ago with your same question , and unless things have changed since then the guy at remington told me that they do not offer the sureshot stocks for a 20 ga as an accesory . the only way to get them is to buy the whole gun is what i was told . he said they simply didnt have enough demand for one on a 20 , only a 12 . i had to sell my 20 ga slug gun 870 with wood stocks , and buy a 20 ga sureshot slug gun to get mine . good thing is i kept my 26 in vent rib barrel so i now have either set up . i would still call and find out but im pretty sure they will tell you what they told me .

bobk

I ordered a Shur Shot stock in black for a 20 gauge 870 directly through Remingtons Customer Service Department yesterday. Contact Customer Service through their 800 number listed on the Remington web site.  $75.00 plus shipping includes fore-end.

remmy1187

I think those clowns at remington need to get their story straight.  Seems they give everyone a different line of crap everytime we call.  I just called a couple weeks ago and was told 68.00 plus shipping ONLY for the stock and not the fore-end.  Very irritating!!!

killdee

I already have a regular black synthetic stock on this 20 I just bought,  a speed feed brand, are these Sure Shot stocks a big improvement over a standard synthetic stock? This will be a DTG and also looking to lighten it up any way I can. Also is that recoil pad that comes with it adequate, or would I need to replace it with a sims should I decide to buy one? I'm calling remington tomorrow, if I get a model number for the pair I'll post it up.
Thanks

Eric Gregg

Quote from: killdee on April 19, 2012, 06:43:19 PM
I already have a regular black synthetic stock on this 20 I just bought,  a speed feed brand, are these Sure Shot stocks a big improvement over a standard synthetic stock? This will be a DTG and also looking to lighten it up any way I can. Also is that recoil pad that comes with it adequate, or would I need to replace it with a sims should I decide to buy one? I'm calling remington tomorrow, if I get a model number for the pair I'll post it up.
Thanks

As far as the recoil pad goes, to me it is adequate. I am shooting 3" shells out of mine. You may can put a Limb Saver on it and it help more.

killdee

Quote from: bobk on April 19, 2012, 07:10:19 AM
I ordered a Shur Shot stock in black for a 20 gauge 870 directly through Remingtons Customer Service Department yesterday. Contact Customer Service through their 800 number listed on the Remington web site.  $75.00 plus shipping includes fore-end.

I sent you a pm asking for the product # for that stock and forearm, I called today and was told the same thing remmy was told 68$ for the stock and 33$ more for the forearm.

struttnnc

man this ticks me off , i call 3 times last month and i was told no, they would not sell me one , and now they are selling them right and left . that kind of stinks that i had to buy a whole gun to get them . i practily begged them to sell me a set . i mean how hard would have it been to sell me a set. ive always like my remingtons but this kind of shady bs makes me want sell everyone i own . i like my encore 20 ga a little better anyway , and i didnt have to beg for a stock for it .