turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

QUESTION

Started by Limbstrutter, February 26, 2011, 01:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbstrutter

For those of you that have your Concealed Carry what kind of Holster Belt do you use? A stander'ed belt just doesn't hold up to the weight . Any help would be APPT.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

OLE RASPY

Ive got my conceal carry but i dont carry one on me.I carry one in my truck.I do have a uncle mikes hip holester though.

Limbstrutter

I have a nice holster. i Picked up a De-Santis Min slide and love it ,but a common belt just wears and rolls over and leaves the grip hanging over.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

3.5inchpainfulldeath

get a blackhawk serpa holster.  awesome.  And get a paddle one also.  so you can carry even if you don't have a belt.

hookedspur

Quote from: 3.5inchpainfulldeath on February 27, 2011, 10:36:22 PM
get a blackhawk serpa holster.  awesome.  And get a paddle one also.  so you can carry even if you don't have a belt.
This is the one I wear .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Having difficulty in understanding why your belt doesn't hold up to conceal carry? What gun are you carrying, and what belt is being used? I mean if it's a Ruger Blackhawk with 6" barrel, and a 3/4" belt maybe, but I don't think that's the case.

God Bless,
David B.

BOFF

Quote from: Limbstrutter on February 26, 2011, 01:42:14 PM
I have a nice holster. i Picked up a De-Santis Min slide and love it ,but a common belt just wears and rolls over and leaves the grip hanging over.

Ahh,

That holster looks nice, but it sure does carry high. Try an IWB holster, and your problem will be solved, or a holster which rides a little lower.

God Bless,
David B.

pennyrilehunter

I have a Ted Blocker belt that I have had for close to fifteen years and wear it every day.  It has held up well but is getting worn and will probably replace it soon with one from A&G custom gunleather.  There are many good belt makers out there and yes a regular dress belt is not stiff enough to support the weight of most guns.  A good gun belt will be double thickness and is probably going to cost between $60 and $100.

Limbstrutter

Thanks everyone,  my carry is a Springfield XD40 sub compact love this gun and the holster, just checked on some of the belts and there is a difference in a standard belt and a carry belt like the thin leather belt I wear . Going to do some shopping. A friend of mine gave me a Galls catalog that they get all their public safety gear from. Going to check out some of the other holster too.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

busta biggun

Quote from: Limbstrutter on February 28, 2011, 12:03:19 AM
Thanks everyone,  my carry is a Springfield XD40 sub compact love this gun and the holster, just checked on some of the belts and there is a difference in a standard belt and a carry belt like the thin leather belt I wear . Going to do some shopping. A friend of mine gave me a Galls catalog that they get all their public safety gear from. Going to check out some of the other holster too.

That is the EXACT gun I carry. I bought a Cross breed Supertuck holster and a belt. The belt is awesome. It is around $60 and it is THICK. Plus it has velcro on the inside so you can attach the clips and they are not visible. I put it on and forget about it.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Nimrodmar10

Try the Bianchi B9 Belt. You'll love it.

old frank

A quality belt made to carry the weight of the holster is a necessity.

For the money I like the Widerness five stitch models.http://www.thewilderness.com/storepinnacle/index.php?p=product&id=2309&parent=142

For a dressier belt there are a lot of choices Beltman is one http://www.thebeltman.net/

But there are a lot of others.