OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What is your favorite........???

Started by REBELYELL, April 15, 2012, 10:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonnie sneed jr.

Lonnie Sneed Sr. 304-425-3021
Dad is kinda on hold for a week or two. I took him yesterday to have eye surgy. He should be up and running soon. The Doc. did tell him he could go turkey hunting next week but not to shoot his 3.5 mag. Our season opens the 23. First time in years we have not hunted several states. I am taking my money and building a hunting and fishing cabin, and dad knew he had to have surgy on his eye. Going to hunt hard here,  maybe get going in several states again next year. Give him a call. He does make a very good call. Slate, Glass, and Box and more. The smaller glass he is making is a thiner call. Hope to field test it Monday morning. It sound good at home but the true test will be next week. Good luck to all.  :OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead: :funnyturkey:

WillowRidgeCalls

My favorite is one of my Cedar Slates over Hickory, with an Olive striker. That call has a lot of charactor in it.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

scoot12

I got to play that cedar from WillowRidge and it sounds great.  His teak slate,  the Hot Hen Slate,  Darrin Dawkins plastic slate,  MarkJMs sassfrass are my top ones.  Oh I forgot Blackys cherry slate over slate and Glen Marrers zebrawood.  Scoot

Sagittarius

I prefer my Derby City slate over glass call made from old growth maple with an old growth striker.

Turkey Call Maker

Primos Battey series with a Hickory striker. With the striker, I added lead shot to the top of the striker...  (drilled out a hole and added to it), this gives it a top heavy feel...  excellent for cutting..... :turkey2:
Jim

REBELYELL

scoot12

Two more favorites are Clint Corders jatoba slate and Billy Whites zebrawood raspy slate call.  Oh I forgot Bill Lymans cedar slate is great as well.  Scoot

Gooserbat

I have a Magnolia Osage pot slate and a Rusty Morre wild persimmon striker that goes together like Mashed potatoes & gravy.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

tha bugman

Brown tie slate in bois d arc and walnut striker

rmbailey2010

Woodhaven Vision Crystal and purple heart striker

cypresscreek

David Holloran slate with walnut pot- purpleheart striker :you_rock:
Rick Ferlita
Cypress Creek Turkey Calls
Mossy Oak Pro Staff

tha bugman

I bought one for a friend at the convention that thing sounds amazing
Quote from: cypresscreek on January 31, 2013, 10:33:50 AM
David Holloran slate with walnut pot- purpleheart striker :you_rock:

outdoors

:gobble:  Ceramic Over Slate  made in eastern red cedar , From  Pappy
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Devastator

I really like my Hooks assassin slate with there yellowheart striker and a Lightsout agate dymondwood striker.

magnoliagamecalls

My favorite is a Mesquite slate over glass I made matched with a Hickory striker. It has proven itself year after year for me.