OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I NEED SOME SNAKE BOOTS THAT WON"T LEAK!!!!!!

Started by TANK, April 15, 2012, 08:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

I have treid abunch of differnt brands, and they don't hold up! I need a boot that won't leak, has very good ankle support, are as cool as possible, and is snake proof. I have tried 4 different pairs of Rocky's (great boots but leak way too fast for the $) , LaCroosse Vipers (sloppiest fitting clumsiest boots I've ever owned), Cabels zip-up snake boots (owned 2 pairs both began leaking within a month), Under Armour HAW boots ( HOT! & the sole fell off the left boot after 8 hours of wear time roughly 3 hunts)..........I love the LaCrosse Grange boots but the calves of my legs are big and they begin to hurt me after a few minutes. Can someone please point me in the right direction?!?!?!?!?!? I need a boot that 1st will STAY Waterproof, 2nd has good ankle support, 3rd has good traction ( I hunt some BAD hills around the Mississippi River) 4th are as cool as possible, & 5th are snake proof. Thanks for any suggestions!!!!!

bigjb

Try some Danners. They're expensive but worth it. Extremely comfortable as well as waterproof

dannyg

HOOKS1

X3 DANNERS> I'm in my 5th season with this pair of boots and hunt about 150 days a year. They have NOT leaked yet.

mountman62

Tank, I know exactly how you feel, heck finding some for a big guy with big legs, never been able to wear an Lacrosse boots, I used to wear the Rocky's but quit, got me a pair of Danner's Pronghorns last year at Bowie's in Baton Rouge, I know you know the place, easiest boots i ever had to get on, but they developed a leak and i only wore them last year from mid march till may 10, not many miles, but i wore them twice this year, called Danner and they told me to send them back, they sent me a brand new pair and I haven't worn them much, but was really disappointed in my first pair of $250 boots after hearing all the good reports, hope the 2nd pair does better, for rubber boots i have been wearing the Redhead Bass Pro Muck style boots, they done pretty but not snakeproof
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

TrophyTracker

These. The most comfortable snakeboots I have ever owned. They feel like tennis shoes. Make sure to wear a liner sock, and your feet will stay cool and dry all day long.

New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

magnoliagamecalls

I am on my 4 pair of the Danner Pronghorn snake boot. Every one of them has leaked but the last pair and the gor-tex liner has started coming out of them. Danners customer helped with a pair or two but finally told me they had lost enough money on me and couldnt help me no more.  I had that pair of boots a little over 6 months when the liner started coming loose.  Pretty tuff paying a little over $200 and still having your feet wet or boots you couldnt wear.   

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

4turkey

I too had this same issue.  Went with Cabela's lace up model.  They are a pain to take on and off compared to zip-off models but the waterproofing has lasted over a year now, which is a record for me.  They are also not that hot for snake boots, but I sometimes only lace them up halfway and that really seems to help without compromising water or snake-proofing far as I can tell.

My rocky boots didn't make it to 2 months...before the sole came off and leaked everywhere

I hope to find a zip on model that doesn't leak someday

MiamiE

I'll be following this thread because I am sick of my leaky Rocky boots as well.

Skeeterbait

Here is a fact.  Anything that has to be seamed and sewn will eventually leak when constantly exposed to water no matter how you seal the seams.  Some just take longer than others.  The constant sawing of the thread as you walk is going to eventually let water in.  If your going to be standing in water regularly you have to go to a welted rubber or neoprene boot be ensure it won't leak. But then it won't breathe and will be hot.  Just the way it is.

I really like Danner Jackals and wear them most of the time.  But I don't expect them to keep all water out if I am going to be standing in a bog all day.  I pull out my Muck Woody Armors for that.

kaintuck

silent water runs deep

RemingtonRules

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-IRI3800S#FeaturedReview

I am liking these boots, kind of a hybrid hiking boot with a snake proof upper.  Have stayed dry through two deer and turkey seasons.  That is about all I can expect. :anim_25:

mnturkey

The boots are tested for bends/flexes and they figure they will stay waterproof for about a year.
I have 20 pairs of boots that I have bought in the last 20 years from Danner 250.00 boots to Cabellas from their bargin shed that cost 59.00 they all lasted a year or so before they started leaking.
I now go buy the cheapest pair I can find without insulation.  If I need insulation I am deer hunting on the stand and will wear my pac boots for extreme cold and do not need waterproof.
If I needed snake proof and waterproof I might by the snake proof covers they sell and a pair of cheep boots that are waterproof.
I do not think they make a pair of waterproof boots that will last over a year.
SEMPER FI

busta biggun

Another vote for Danner Pronghorns. I have had mine for three years with no leaks at all.