OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

whats the best battery for a trail cam

Started by nstrut, February 26, 2011, 12:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

Energizer. I get along time out of them on my cameras, and about 2-3 deer seasons on my feeders.

HARDCORE

Nothing compares to lithium, after 6 months and over 50,000 pics the batteries are still at 99%.

It's a NO BRAINER!

HC

HARDCORE

.....but, if lithium isn't an option because of battery type, I would invest in rechargeable batteries.

Note, NiMH batteries are lower in voltage so buying a higher mA rated battery is a must.

Duracell and Energizer rechargeables are among the lowest, I would recommended Tenergy or Sanyo.

HC

turkey_slayer

Sanyo eneloop batteries are the only rechargeables to buy.  Regular Nimh batteries drain constantly even when they are just laying on the table  but not these.  There like an alkaline and Nihm combined.  If you get a lot of pics alkalines are the worst.  They are not made made to be cycled on and off constantly. Lithiums are really good for cold weather.  I use eneloops in my camera then wire 2 D alkalines to them.  The D's keep the eneloops charged.

runngun

Cuddeback actually recommends Rayovac. My manual has a battery chart and rayovacs outlasted duracell and energizer. Rayovacs work great for me.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

HARDCORE

If you really want to save money on batteries and get more pics......a lot more pics, Id say 20 to 30 times what you're already getting, you gotta get a RECONYX, there's not another game cam on the market that equals it's performance.....NOT ONE!

It's more of an investment up front, that's for sure but if you run your cams 24/7 365 days a year like we do, the price of replacement batteries alone will out way the initial expense.

We have tested numerous game cams side by side the RECONYX, not one has even come close. Not only do they miss nothing but they are also very efficient on batteries.

"See What You've Been Missing".......get a RECONYX.

HC

OldMarine

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

Scout24

For many years nothing but Duracell in my Cuddes, but a few years ago Cudde did some testing and found RayOVacs actually lasted longer in their cameras. For 3-4 years that's all I've used (for a lot less $) and been quite satisfied. Bought a couple hundred $'s worth of rechargables and a fancy recharger but they got zapped quickly in the NH cold.

Reloader

We have had better luck with Rayovac Ultra Pro alkaline batteries in our cams than both Duracell and Energizer.  The UPs last a tad longer, but it's close.

You can order the UPs dirt cheap online.  I believe it's around 3.64 per 6pk for Ds and around 2.84 for Cs.