News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A turkey for my Pop

Started by RutnNStrutn, April 15, 2012, 01:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

Congrats! A nice bird for your Pops!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

northms

Great story and may peace be with your Dad.  I'm sure he'll enjoy the story.

RutnNStrutn

Thank all of you for the prayers!! Pop has been doing better the last couple of days, and they are considering letting him go home. It will still just be a matter of time, but for now, he's doing much better. Thank you again!!

Hognutz

Jim.. I had all I could do to hold it together long enough to read your wonderful stroy. I pray that your dad does indeed, have a recovery and that he can go home. Your story was touching, and I pray for your dad and family. That jake is as impressive as any gobbler out there, given the circumstances. Well done, my friend..Well done..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

RutnNStrutn

Thank you Mike. I just left the hospice center a little while ago. Pop will get to go home tomorrow afternoon. Its still just a matter of time for him, but he is out of immediate danger, for now. I appreciate the prayers guys! :icon_thumright:

oklahomaboy

Good Bird!  Thanks for sharing your story.  Prayers out for Pop.

Tail Feathers

RutN, congrats on tagging out and I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's health problems.
Prayers up for he and your family. :bible:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Saylfish

Congrats and prayers for your pop and family.....
IAFF 1377

Reloader

Prayers sent Jim.  I hope your Pop bounces back.

Congrats on the jake, I'm sure he'll make a fine meal.

surehuntsalot

prayers sent to the family
congrats on the hunt
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

RutnNStrutn

Thank you, all of you!! We brought Pop home today. He is still in rough shape, but he's home!! Please keep the prayers coming, he needs them!! :cross2:

TURKEYWHACKER

Brother Jim, congrats on a "trophy" bird taken in honor of your Pop. Let Capt Bud know he is in my prayers.

RutnNStrutn

Will do Mike, and thank you brother. I appreciate it!

RutnNStrutn

I'm over at Mom & Pop's tonight taking care of him so Mom can get a good night sleep. Sure would like to be turkey hunting still, but this is so much more important. Pop was very happy that I was here spending time with him tonight, and taking care of him. I am most saddened that I can no longer go hunting with the man that taught me how to hunt.
Thank you Pop, you introduced me to my passion, and made me the man I am today.

IORIO52