OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Persimmon Ceramic Pot

Started by 870BkWht, April 13, 2012, 08:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Back in early March I contacted Andy Kaiser about building me a pot call.  I told him I wanted Persimmon because I like domestic woods and I also dont see a lot of calls made from it.  Just something I couldnt get my head unwrapped around.  Anyways, I wanted to the pot to be ceramic over glass.  He told me he only had 1 piece of ceramic left and he didnt have any Persimmon.  It wanst too much longer he contacted me and told me that he had located some persimmon.  Andy is a standup gentleman that really makes a phenominal call, and he will make it totally to your desire. 

The strikers he made for this call are Rootbeer Dymondwood and a Persimmon.  Both of the strikers really sing on every other call I have, but they really bring this particular pot call to life. 

If any of you are looking for an excellent call from a first class callmaker, get ahold of Andy.

Cut*N*Run

Awesome looking call!!!! Congrats!!!

ceejay

Nice choice .......... the call and strikers look awesome !!

letinmfly

Andy hit that one out of the park!! Congrats on a fine call from a fine callmaker!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

dlquinn

NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Gobblerstopper

Glad you like it bud!!  Hope to see some birds laying beside it before long.

pappy

Ben, you picked the best in both ways.... very nice caller Andy and congrats to the fly tying king of the US.......
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

magnoliagamecalls

Nice call and striker!!! Great pics too!

HuntSource

I really like my Kaiser pots. I have a curly maple ceramic and a pink ivory copper. Both of them rock! I know you'll enjoy! My ceramic is all turkey, easy to run, and practically maintenance free.

savduck

Georgia Boy

870BkWht

Quote from: toasty on April 18, 2012, 05:08:45 PM
Persimmon?

Yes, Persimmon.  Its the only American species of Ebony tree.  Commonly called American Ebony.  Classically used to make Drivers, and Woods as golf clubs.  Let me tell ya something else to.  It will flat out sing some turkey.  Its probably the best pot call I own, at least in the top 3. 

Gobblerstopper

Quote from: 870BkWht on April 18, 2012, 09:16:06 PM
Persimmon?

Yes, Persimmon.  Its the only American species of Ebony tree.  Commonly called American Ebony.  Classically used to make Drivers, and Woods as golf clubs.  Let me tell ya something else to.  It will flat out sing some turkey.  Its probably the best pot call I own, at least in the top 3. 

And it's fun to turn!!

TarheelTurk

Quote from: Gobblerstopper on April 18, 2012, 09:28:21 PM
Quote from: 870BkWht on April 18, 2012, 09:16:06 PM
Persimmon?

And it's fun to turn!!

Great Looking Call Andy !! Definitely gonna try some Persimmon
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

chatterbox

Andy makes a good one, that's for sure!
I never leave my house without one of his calls in my vest.