turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Prettiest place you've killed a turkey

Started by younggun, February 25, 2011, 11:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardcollector

The Allengeny mountains in PA. Even though the grand river river bottoms I hunt here in Ohio are really pretty when every thing is greening up.

guesswho

Thanks for the pictures Swamp-bird.    Thats one thing I do miss about not living in Florida anymore.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BrowningGuy88

I ain't telling where, but in South Alabama.

I am in a club with a large lease and only 6 members. It joins every members private land. Anyway, I was on the lease and I hear this gobbler hammering up on my place. Normally turkeys never roost on mine, just go there in the middle of the day to strut. I drove around and walked up to the edge of my fields - 15 acres - and now I hadn't been over there since it had warmed up --- the red and white clover was bright and about shin high maybe a little higher. The field he was roosted by has 5 huge mushrooming red oaks spread out through it and I set up behind two where I could see between them. The gobbler flew down at the edge of the field opposite me 5 acres away at 5:50. He strutted and gobbled across that field until 11:00. By that time 10 hens had joined him and another gobbler is coming in from the left. Finally at 12:45, the gobbler that flew down at daylight got to what I thought was 35 yards and shook the ground double gobbling. I putted at him and he stretched his head out and I rolled him. Stood up and lasered him 47 yards. That was the first gobbler I ever killed after being on him so long and the first I had killed on that property.

The red and white clover mixed with that gobbler strutting and gobbling for 7 hours is unmatched in my book. I was numb from the waist down and so hungry I thought I was gonna die, but the 11 inch beard and 1 3/8 inch spurs were worth it! That turkey will probably always be my favorite and helped me pick out where to build my house. That was the first time I realized truly how beautiful my place is!

Daman

peytoncreekhunter

Town of Riddleton, Smith County, Tennessee.

Old Gobbler

small pic , but you get the drift -

South Florida Everglades  hunting

\

Ill look for some more pics
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon