OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best method to call in yote's

Started by allchokedup, February 25, 2011, 10:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allchokedup

The coyote's are greatly increasing in numbers where I live. They are getting more and more bold and coming into our yards during the day. Today, I had a young doe come into a feeder I have in my yard and she was limping bad on her right rear leg. I don't know how she got hurt but, a short time latter the yotes were screaming behind my house. I grabbed a gun and went looking but, they ran, yelping and chasing something. I have never seen so many as I have this year.
What is the best way to call them in. I got to get serious about getting rid of them.
Thanks

redarrow

Kamski1151 shot his first song dog tonight. Used a fawn bleat call. 22.250 to the head.

allchokedup

Quote from: redarrow on February 25, 2011, 10:52:00 PM
Kamski1151 shot his first song dog tonight. Used a fawn bleat call. 22.250 to the head.

Thanks, I'll check out that call. I was at the Convention and Hook's had a wounded rabbit call, has  anybody tried it?

kamski1151

Pretty much any distress call will work. wounded rabbit would work well,also fawn distress works (thats what i use)Kill all those song dogs. :z-guntootsmiley:

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

hookedspur

Quote from: kamski1151 on February 26, 2011, 09:15:54 AM
Pretty much any distress call will work. wounded rabbit would work well,also fawn distress works (thats what i use)Kill all those song dogs. :z-guntootsmiley:
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

PANYHunter

I like to use a coyote pup distress, or a fawn distress.  Everybody around me uses a rabbit distress so they are pretty used to that.  If those don't work I pull out my squealing hen

Woodsman4God

Quote from: kamski1151 on February 26, 2011, 09:15:54 AM

Congrats Kamski, yours and mine now 2 down on your property and mine was with a fawn bleat also...

FttFttVroom!

That's one thing the squealing hen call should be useful for!  I might have to take one off a fellow turkey hunters hands at a large discount to try it :icon_thumright:

saltysenior

use a plain old hen yelp....they hear that and they know it is a lone,lost hen and they come a runnin, w/ their mouths foamin and teeth shinnin ......

so keep your back covered this spring.... :z-paddy-smiley113:

njdevilsb

I have never hunted them specifically, but I have had them come in to turkey calling/decoys before.  Once it was barely light enough to see and we had one come in.  He didn't hang around very long.  I wasn't going to shoot him since we had a bunch of birds roosted.

allchokedup

Thanks for all the help. I went out today and got me a surprise for um.