OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Daughter scores first VA gobbler

Started by gobbler74, April 10, 2012, 09:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

I called One in for my daughter last saturday April 7th. She is 8 years old and taking serious interest in turkey calling and hunting. She used a 20 ga H&R single with nitro 7's to take this one. She passed on 5 jakes to wait on a longbeard..after some coaxing and pulling out some tricks we had two longbeards in our lap 15 min later. She is calling for me this weekend on opening adult season.

This one weighed 22lbs 11 oz, 10-3/8" beard and 1" spurs. A healthy two year old up our way.   

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Jay Longhauser

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

mnturkey

congratulations to your daughter and you for taking her nice bird.
SEMPER FI

wvnut3

Jim that is a great bird and a memory that will last forever. Congrats to you and Autumn. Now if she can call you in a dandy as well that will be awesome. Lee :icon_thumright:

870supermagnum

Congrats on a great hunt.  Thanks for sharing it with us.   :icon_thumright:

scoot12

boomer

Congrats!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

sugarray

Sure is AWESOME!!!  Get her 2 more this spring!!

vtmchunter

Congratulations on a beautiful bird!  I took a 9 yr old out Saturday and we heard one gobble a few times and called a hen to 15 yards, no gobbler came in though.  Glad to see you connect on the youth day!

hookedspur

Thats as good as it gets , Congrats to you and the young lady  :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BigHooks

How great that must have been, that's one hunt you will never forget CONGRATS......

pullit

congrats on fine bird to the young lady and her dad. :you_rock:

captin_hook

That's pretty cool. My daughter is 4 and I can't wait till our day comes.