OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

So cal season

Started by socalturkeyman, April 09, 2012, 10:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

Man the season in So Cal has been tough for me. It looks like they are done breeding. Not much gobbling in my area and lil sign of birds where I usally see them at. I've only seen hens out in the woods,seems like all of the gobblers vanished.
Now Im sitting here trying to figure out what to do,since I didnt get to scout much this season. I did go to the spot where I killed my bird last year and seen some sign of birds being in the area about a half mile to the east. Thats where I saw one of them hens,and a pretty big spot where they scratch the leaves.(that was fresh).
What do you guys think I should do?
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

TRKYHTR

You haven't found your turkeys yet. You need to scout them out and after you find them then start hunting. Good luck. Our turkeys up north are as right as I have ever seen them during the season. My turkeys gobbled Easter Sunday more than they have this whole month, before sunrise. My wife even asked what in the world is going on out there. I could hear the wild birds just tearing it up. So get out and find them birds. Good luck,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

socalturkeyman

Ya my pet turkey was doing that about two weeks before the season,gobbling up a storm. I was nervous that the neighbors were gonna complain. lol But I do have to get out there and scout. I only scouted about two days before the season started and I wasnt able to find any. Oh well thats the life a so cal turkey hunter with tiny pockets of public land to hunt.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

renegade19

Good luck and don't give up.  I killed a bird last fall in the last hour of the season.  I think the birds I hunt work pretty good late in the breeding season here.  Less ladies to choose from!