Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 mossy Bantam/Mini can't legally shoot 7's which choke?

Started by mdb, April 09, 2012, 10:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdb

Hello Brethren -- been a while since I've been on.  Got a Mossberg Bantam 20 (or it might be the mini, honestly pop picked it up for me not sure :z-dizzy:) anyway here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts can only hunt 4-6's, no 7's.  I see lots of posts on choke recommendations using 7's, thoughts on a choke for 6's? Thanks

Chevyman_2000

We have the same law here in Ontario Canada. U have a few options. I picked up some FHW #6's, Heavy 13 in #6 and also in 5,6,7. I haven't patterned yet but William at SumToy is expecting 110-130 at 40. If the 5,6,7 shots the best I don't know what I am to do.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: mdb on April 09, 2012, 10:28:39 PM
Hello Brethren -- been a while since I've been on.  Got a Mossberg Bantam 20 (or it might be the mini, honestly pop picked it up for me not sure :z-dizzy:) anyway here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts can only hunt 4-6's, no 7's.  I see lots of posts on choke recommendations using 7's, thoughts on a choke for 6's? Thanks

Since the SSX is now available for that gun, that would be my choice. The Hevi-13 turkey choke is also a good one for that gun.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

nflorek

Quote from: mdb on April 09, 2012, 10:28:39 PM
You could always carry some lead 6's in one pocket and some hevi 13 7's in the other. :you_rock: