turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hev 13 #7's or Hev Mag Blend

Started by jbrown, April 09, 2012, 08:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbrown

Which of these 2 shells do you like for gobbler killin? I have'nt shot either shell... I'm thingin the 7's will but up more #'s on target, but how does the Blend compare??? 12ga, 3.5 with 2.25oz.

mightyjoeyoung

I have killed birds with both.  Both excellent loads that'll straight destroy a bird!  Probably not the definitive answer you were looking for huh?   :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

teke

Hevi 7's were way way way better in my sx3 with ic .665

bawana

In my 870 SM with a Carlson's .660 choke the #7's put 220-240 in a 10 inch circle at 40, the Mag Blends put 185-195, both had a uniform pattern and I'm sure they'll both kill turkeys! I'm shooting the Mag Blends mainly because they are going out at 1200 fps vs 1090 fps on the #7's.

dpittman

I have not shot the mag blends yet but I hear the recoil is very bad. I would probably go with straight 6 or 7. My 870SM/PG670 with 3.5/2.25/6 does 200-220. Seems most mag blends will do the same but with more recoil.

mightyjoeyoung

"I heard this and I heard that but I never..."  C'mon!  Tell me how two 2.25 ounce loads, one the hevi shot straight loads at 1090 fps and the other the mag blens at 1200 fps can have such a HUGE difference in recoil when the two loads are only 100 fps apart in velocity??!! Seriously?  The amount of congecture around here astounds me, especially when its from members who have ZERO experience with one thing or another.  A little advice?  If you don't know...don't give advice about it... 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

WildSpur

Probably cannot go wrong with either.  I am really liking the MB but have not experience with the 7's.  I would go with thatever you get a better deal on.

Cluck more, yelp less

DirtNap647

i didnt notice any recoil difference but my 835 just likes the 7's better

mossy835

If I loaded my shotgun with three rounds blind mixed, one each of #6 #7 and Mag Blend handed you the gun and you shot all three you would not be able to tell me what each round was. I shoot all three and there is no difference between them in recoil.
More the issue of which performs to your liking the best in your gun, use that one and have fun.
:fud:

pcgobbler

[/quote]
Quote from: WildSpur on April 10, 2012, 12:30:35 AM
Probably cannot go wrong with either.  I am really liking the MB but have not experience with the 7's.  I would go with thatever you get a better deal on.
X2

beagler

I'm a big fan of the Mag Blends.
Never Misses

surehuntsalot

the Magblends are bad to the bone in my 20ga
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

vtmchunter

My 870 SM puts up 190s with Mag Blends and 260 with Hevi 7s.  Gotta go with the Hevi 7s.

chipper

Inside 40 yards the #7 Hevi is making a believer out of me, I've killed six in the last 2 years with them and all were DOA.

oldcreekhunter

dead is dead and both will do it...ive proved it with the magnum blends and everyone else on this board swears by the 7's