OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

We get to go April 2-3!!!!

Started by wisconsinteacher, February 25, 2011, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

I just got the email and we are doing our Learn to Hunt April 2-3.  This will be my 4th year taking a kid hunting.  The first year I called in two toms and only one got to run away.  The last two years, each kid has missed nice tom.  I have a young man in class that loves to hunt but comes from a poor family so I am hoping he gets a crack at one with my new gun.  It would be cool if he got first blood with it.

Crutch

That would be great, I hope you make his year.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

jv

That's what i'm talking about......good luck.
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

wisconsinteacher

I will be honest, I almost walked away from taking kids hunting a few years ago.  I felt so bad about the kid not getting a shot one but the last minute of the day he got one and missed.  As we were walking back to the truck he looked up and saw an eagle and said that makes the day worth it.  Two weeks later he sent me a coin with an eagle on it and a thank you card.  That proved to me that it was worth it and that I need to relax and let the kid have "his/her" hunt and have fun.  We always grill out for lunch and have a great time.  I also carry more candy bars and pop than I should but it is my job to see that they have fun.  I am pumped up now. 

harvester

turkey slayer

vaturkey

THATS GREAT THAT YOU ARE INVOLVED IN TAKING A KID HUNTING. I GOT A CALL FROM A FRIEND TODAY AND HE ASK ME WOULD I GO WITH HIM AND HIS YOUNG SON AND HOPEFULLY CALL IN HIS SONS FIRST BIRD ON APRIL 2ND WHICH IS YOUTH DAY HERE IN VA. HE IS GOING TO VIDEO THE HUNT. I HOPE WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND THE KIDS ALSO .
  VATURKEY    :newmascot:
Vaturkey

joshua

:anim_25: this spring wisconsinteacher.  Get em started early and our sport will be in good hands forever.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

kyhareraiser

SALUTE"" to all you fellars who take kids hunting..i also am involved with taking kids hunting.here at home we do a hunting day for kids,only we do a rabbit hunt..started with maybe 12 youngin's and now we are up to 134 ..with arround 15 or 16 dog handlers ,3 to 4 kids and their parents to a team  all 16 head out to a nearby place to kick rabbits up with out dogs for them to watch..this way we figure the next generation up coming,,some will be hunters ,some will be dog owners and help with the hunts when we get past goin' withem'.. i'm gonna ry to call in a tom for my grandson this year,we've come close b4 but he's not got to see one strut in to the dekes yet..one thing i've learned while taking kids hunting, it brings out the kid in me again..seems the smiles are contagious along with the little sounds we all make  :TooFunny:

Muskie03

I did my first youth hunt last year, wow was it a blast.
It was 2 brothers and they shot this one together. It's a memory they will share for a lifetime.

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.