OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

how many have you shot?

Started by 4nolz2, February 25, 2011, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

how many gobblers have you killed?

<25
67 (41.6%)
25-50
39 (24.2%)
50-100
33 (20.5%)
>100
13 (8.1%)
>150
9 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 154

catdaddy

Looking back, I wish I had kept a more detailed account--but as they say  "hind sight is always 20/20". Numbers never did mean much to me. To this day, I don't make a habit of measuring beards and spurs unless they look to be really special.   I did some cyphering and I estimate I have killed over 80 but less than 100.

FireDoc

All that matters is the next one..... :icon_thumright:
Go Dawgs!
Beware the Yelp Marks.
Proud Member of the IAFF

Gobblerdn1

Jay

Quote from: guesswho on February 25, 2011, 07:32:32 PM
Killed my first turkey in 1965, first longbeard in 1968, and killed my last one last year.  So thats three. 
;D I figured you for 4, tops.  Personally, I don't have a clue. I barely remember last year. ::)

dawgfrombama

more than I've needed to, but not nearly as many as I've wanted to.  ;D

mudhen

Not enough yet, but I'll die trying to kill enough!

Don't know if I'd like to kill 40+ in one year like some of the die-hards, but I'd sure like to try  ;D

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

MarkJM

I have shot 4 birds, hopefully 2 more this year! :z-guntootsmiley:
MuellerCustomCalls

VAHUNTER

to be honest . all i think about around this time of the year is last years hunts and this Spring. the number of birds taken has never been a issue with me. after 30 years of chasing Spring Gobblers i still feel a void. i just can not get enough
Good things come to those who wait

FLTurkey

I've never thought about keeping track of the number killed.  I'm 42 yrs old and been hunting turks since I was 14.  I'm too far into it to start counting now. 

John

4nolz2

thats why a journal is important-someday the memories may fade and the journal will help freshen up the memories to a foggy mind.