OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

how many have you shot?

Started by 4nolz2, February 25, 2011, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

how many gobblers have you killed?

<25
67 (41.6%)
25-50
39 (24.2%)
50-100
33 (20.5%)
>100
13 (8.1%)
>150
9 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Swamprunner

Every single one that comes in still unasses me just like the first.  When that is not the case, I will walk right out of the woods and quit.

Fullfan

Started back in 1976, there vere not very many birds around here then. Been going hog wild since. I am looking for #150 this spring, the last 120 have been longbeards. I just wish I could have been able to hunt out of state when I was younger.
I sometimes wonder what I would do with all my time and money if I did not hunt turkeys???
Don't gobble at me...

bird

Quote from: Hardcore on February 25, 2011, 09:34:03 PM
To say it's been tough is an understatement, been hunting em for years here in Bama and the lack of birds in my area hasn't helped much.

I do my best and get lucky every now and then, Id say 9 or 10, give or take a few.

HC

neal

Started turkey hunting in '00 and I'm gunning for my 50th bearded bird this spring! And I have every beard to prove it! As far as just tukeys hens included 60-70
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

FttFttVroom!

Been doing it 22 years and don't remember ever not getting at least one.....so ALOT! :icon_thumright:

kyhareraiser

i've taken arround 16,in the time i've started hunting gobblers....... taking only 1 in the first couple three years and then realizing the eating was good so i kicked it up to my limit ,,2 each spring.. i'm gonna try to raise the numbers and start fall hunring for toms ,i've never done that

TnTurk

Let's see,  25 years of  :fud:   x   :-X  :gobble: per year  =  alot of   :newmascot:

wvboy

RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Basser69

decoykrvr

As a genuine "Old Fart", I can attest that these are "The Best of Times", with regard to turkey killing, not just turkey hunting.  When I first started hunting we got fired up over just finding "T n T", which for you nimrods is "Tracks and Turds".  Why, when I first started hunting, I used to carry a tintype picture of a gobbler so I'd know what one looked like.

Limbstrutter

SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

turkey_slayer

guesswho

Quote from: decoykrvr on February 26, 2011, 01:09:45 PM
Why, when I first started hunting, I used to carry a tintype picture of a gobbler so I'd know what one looked like.
From what I've seen that would be a good idea for some others.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Solid Snake

One.

Looking forward to my second season - just put a shurshot on the 870 and ordered a slate call from Wendell at LightsOut - can't wait to get out there!!!

gotcha

I'm thinking about the next one not the last one.