OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

how many have you shot?

Started by 4nolz2, February 25, 2011, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

how many gobblers have you killed?

<25
67 (41.6%)
25-50
39 (24.2%)
50-100
33 (20.5%)
>100
13 (8.1%)
>150
9 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 154

HARDCORE

To say it's been tough is an understatement, been hunting em for years here in Bama and the lack of birds in my area hasn't helped much.

I do my best and get lucky every now and then, Id say 9 or 10, give or take a few.

HC

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

vaturkey

Quote from: Hardcore on February 25, 2011, 09:34:03 PM
To say it's been tough is an understatement, been hunting em for years here in Bama and the lack of birds in my area hasn't helped much.

I do my best and get lucky every now and then, Id say 9 or 10, give or take a few.

HC     

HARDCORE 

YOU SHOULD TAG OUT EVERY YEAR. AS MANY BIRDS AS BAMA HAS.

:newmascot:

Vaturkey

vaturkey

ANYBODY SEE THE 75 YEAR OLD MAN IN NASHVILLE SELLING TURKEY CALLS. HE HAD 280 BEARDS HANGING BEHIND HIM ON THE WALL.  :newmascot:
Vaturkey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

HARDCORE

Quote from: vaturkey on February 25, 2011, 10:31:13 PM

HC     

HARDCORE 

YOU SHOULD TAG OUT EVERY YEAR. AS MANY BIRDS AS BAMA HAS.

:newmascot:

Been trying to "TAG OUT" for years, I'm happy if I get even one bird a year these days.....number 5 seems to elude me year after year.  ;)

HC

Flydown

More than some and not as many as others. ;D

BOFF

HC

*shushhhh*

We ain't got any birds here in Bama.

God Bless,
David B.

gordongekko

I'll get back to you when I'm done....
In God we trust; all others pay cash.

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

surehuntsalot

a few over the 30+ years of chasing them
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

TRKYHTR

As we can see with the post about telling your friends information about the turkeys that you are hunting, Turkey hunters Lie. Hardcores killed 9 or 10. He's killed that many in the last 2 years. Like most here I haven't killed enough to get my fill of it. My belly still burns with fire each spring to hear that bird gobble and to hear and see those gobblers strutting. I have killed 94 to date and have called twice that many to the gun for others. I am on the Quest for 100 this spring. I will have 7 tags. I hope 100 comes this spring so I can start on the next 100.  :icon_thumright:

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

HARDCORE

Quote from: TRKYHTR on February 26, 2011, 12:27:18 AM
As we can see with the post about telling your friends information about the turkeys that you are hunting, Turkey hunters Lie. Hardcores killed 9 or 10. He's killed that many in the last 2 years. Like most here I haven't killed enough to get my fill of it. My belly still burns with fire each spring to hear that bird gobble and to hear and see those gobblers strutting. I have killed 94 to date and have called twice that many to the gun for others. I am on the Quest for 100 this spring. I will have 7 tags. I hope 100 comes this spring so I can start on the next 100.  :icon_thumright:

TRKYHTR

Not that you need it Joe but I wish you luck and I hope you have even more fun killing the next 100.

HC

dodger

I dont think I will ever kill enough... Its all out war on turkeys for me... when i see turkeys something goes down.. I black out and when I wake up I see dead birds...

fallhnt

In 2010 I shot 16 with a bow in the spring and fall and 3 with a gun in the fall.Most of the bow kills are on video.7 longbeards,3 jakes and 6 hens/poults.The fall gun kills were hens.I also shot a nice 8 pt. buck that got to close to me in MO. while bowhunting turkey in Sept. That was a nice bonus.I've only killed 5 deer in my life.Turkey hunting in the fall is my passion.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy