OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

how many have you shot?

Started by 4nolz2, February 25, 2011, 06:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

how many gobblers have you killed?

<25
67 (41.6%)
25-50
39 (24.2%)
50-100
33 (20.5%)
>100
13 (8.1%)
>150
9 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 154

4nolz2

turkey hunters are uber-secretive,especially the successful ones.How many have you killed? Anonymous poll.

guesswho

Killed my first turkey in 1965, first longbeard in 1968, and killed my last one last year.  So thats three. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

njdevilsb

I've killed around 15 or so.  I've been hunting them since I was 12, that's 12 years.  Early on my dad and I were lucky to get 1 per year between the 2 of us.  Now we are doing pretty well, usually filling our 4 tags total.  There's not much that is more rewarding than slinging one over your shoulder, but we sure learned a lot during the years that we struggled.

TauntoHawk

7 in my three years of turkey hunting
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

wisconsinteacher

I have been turkey hunting a 14 years.  The first 5-7 years, I never pulled the trigger.  We did not have a lot of birds and I had no clue what I was doing hunint in the hardwoods and cut overs.  Then the birds moved to the farm country around my home town and I have shot 9 in the last 7 years and called in a few for others.  So the first years were bad, then I learned a few tricks and grew up which has led to more birds riding home with me.

harvester

I am very close to 30 longbeards, not counting a few jakes along the way when I got started turkey hunting.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Crutch

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

OLE RASPY

jv

I really can't say....i have been hunting these turkey birds for about 40 years and let me add that i have been made to look like a fool  many  a time...now that being said at one time i had  about 42 beards in my collection but lost them to a house fire a few years back with most of all my hunting stuff....we here in Ms. can kill three gobblers a year and many years i would get my limit and some just one or two, but last year i didn't even raise my gun to shoot. But also  let me say that it's not always the kill that counts.  
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

Sherrell

R AJ

I have been very blessed since I was 14 to have been in good turkey hunting areas. I didn't start out like gangbusters and have dwindled somewhat in the last few years. My problem is that I spend lots of my kill time taking others out and calling for them. If not for this I would definitely be in the 150 plus column by now. If I do half right this spring I should get close to my 5 bird limit . We shall soon see.

chatterbox

Enough to know I get the fever to go kill them again every spring!

doublelung

For the first 7 yrs I didn't pull the trigger either. Then a buddy took me out... that year I got 2 birds about 10 yards apart and 3 weeks apart, both 24 lbers. Total 9 birds, 2 being Jakes,( of which 1 was 20 lbs.)----Biggest to date is 28lbs. w/ a 13 1/4" beard. Taken in N.E. Iowa. Think I'm gonna head back there this year.. :gobble:
I'd rather be in the woods thinking about God, than be in church thinking about being in the woods...

reynolds243

to be honest i am not sure but somewhere in the 25-50 range.  IMO its not the number of kills vs the memories for each.  I would take 1 awsome hunt with my best hunting buddy vs 20 killed by myself.

turkey slayer