Favorite striker tip style

Started by erictski, April 09, 2012, 10:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Quote from: worth612000 on April 11, 2012, 08:50:21 PM
Quote from: bunk on April 11, 2012, 07:06:22 PM
Quote from: worth612000 on April 09, 2012, 06:57:21 PM
Quote from: lightsoutcalls on April 09, 2012, 01:00:03 PM
My striker tips are actually flared with a rounded tip.  I have some from another maker that I would consider mushroom tipped... literally over 1/2" wide at the tip.  The 2 that I have of his strikers sound great on almost any call I have run them on.

Sorry Wendell, a flared tip with rounded end would best decribe this striker, I did say it was small.  Runs good.

I really like Wendell's laminate strikers. What color is yours? I like it. Wendell's is the only flared tip I have used that I like. I think it's due to it's small size, otherwise I like straight round tips.

Not sure what he calls this pattern. You could pm him and ask. It looks similar to the Santos Zebra. It is a wood tone, grey and black.

I believe thats Turoise or Santos Zebra.  I have a Dakota dymondwood that is very nice also.

pappy

I find the mushroomed tip easier to play and more forgiving, as you have more meat to play with, but I prefer straight tipped strikers. The point here is style, old fashioned...... but as far as them producing a better sound or not, I would believe it is determined by the material used, not the shape of the tip.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206