OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SxS ?

Started by Trapper, April 08, 2012, 08:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapper

Anyone else hunting with a SxS Shootgun? My older son wanted to hunt this year with a double so I picked up a used Stevens/Savage 411 12 Ga SxS with screw in chokes. We ordered chokes from TRU CHOKE 1-Turkey 1-X-Full
When he got it it had a Mod and a full and we patterned the full with about 6 shot in the kill zone @ 25 Yd so lots of room for improvement.  He only took a couple shots but we will get on it next week. Still lots of time before we open here.
Anyway, just wondering if anyone else is a fan of the double. I've been thinking about one of the Silver Reserve Mossberg SxS but no one has them in stock around here. 

Woodsman4God

I read an interesting article on them, if you can get it patterned right one with a more open choke for close in shot and one with a long range choke gives you lots of possibilities

BrowningGuy88

I hunted this season with my CZ 20 gauge double barrel. As long as the barrels are regulated to the same point a double makes a fine turkey gun!

DocHolliday

Nuthin' but sxs for me except for my Ruger Red Label ever so often! I shoot a Beretta 471 20ga, CZ Bobwhite 20 ga and 28 ga, Stoeger 20 ga and the Ruger 20 ga.  All turkey only!