OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

trulock 650 federal hw 7 choke update

Started by Devastator, April 08, 2012, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devastator

sorry guys there wont be no pics but i had a chance to shoot my 1187 sm with the 3 1/2 fed hw 7's through the new choke and all i can say is that i am more than pleased with the results.i had a 3 shot average of 214 in the 10 inch,with 220 high 206 low.very dense 15 inch also.i think trulock is on to something here.all shot through a clean barrel with a boresnake in between shots.

mightyjoeyoung

Nice #s!  Do you happen to have the part # of that choke and cost as it still isn't on the site yet and I may be looking for one for my SBE II.  Thanks!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Devastator

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 08, 2012, 06:34:43 PM
Nice #s!  Do you happen to have the part # of that choke and cost as it still isn't on the site yet and I may be looking for one for my SBE II.  Thanks!
no part # on the invoice,i had to call them and tell them i wanted the new choke for the fed hw7's.the only thing it says on the choke is
trulock
rem 12ga
turkey
fedheavyweight #7
stamped on the choke,im pretty sure it is a .650 constriction.price was 52.99 plus 8.95 shipping.

Triplgobble

Other than constriction what is different about this choke?

Devastator

im not really sure whats different about it.i did notice that the wads rear petals were opened flat compared to my fedhw  20 and 10's wads.i was shooting the nephews 20 gauge nova first yesterday with hevi 13 7's at 1090 fps then i got the 1187 sm out and what a difference hitting the target backstop at 1300 fps.them babies really hit hard.

Fullfan

Yes sir the new Trulock choke is working well with the Fed Heviweights for me also. Out of my 3" 11-87 I am getting 150ish all day. I also shot a #5 hevishot through it and was shocked at the pattern. I can only guess it was 170-180 in the ten.

And the choke looks the same as many others that I have shot the Fed HW through.
Don't gobble at me...

wvnut3

My Remington with 3 1/2'' 1 7/8oz. & Trulock Fed Heavy weight produces similar results. I am very happy with it. It is very consistant from shot to shot. Also i was getting an average of 140 with a 3'' 1 5/8 oz. My pictures are in the pattern forum. Lee

Blue Petes

Do they make these chokes for the 20ga's yet? If so how do u think they would be for the 870 21" barrels?

wvnut3

when i got mine a few weeks ago only 12 gauge remington.Lee

bandedhonker

I just got this choke for my Stoeger 3500... four shots in 51 degree temps, slight wind.  239, 225, 224, 249 lasered 40yds with the fed #7.  I was shocked..best I could get before was around 210.  For fun I shot  #6 fed heavyweight and got 178 at 40yds and 139 at 50yds.  This choke is the real deal. I didn't deep clean prior and didn't bore snake between shots on the #7.  The #6 I deep cleaned before testing.  I did talk to George and he said this choke for the Ber/Ben is .650 constriction.

goblr77

Quote from: bandedhonker on April 09, 2012, 12:51:17 PM
I just got this choke for my Stoeger 3500... four shots in 51 degree temps, slight wind.  239, 225, 224, 249 lasered 40yds with the fed #7.  I was shocked..best I could get before was around 210.  For fun I shot  #6 fed heavyweight and got 178 at 40yds and 139 at 50yds.  This choke is the real deal. I didn't deep clean prior and didn't bore snake between shots on the #7.  The #6 I deep cleaned before testing.  I did talk to George and he said this choke for the Ber/Ben is .650 constriction.

I'm gonna have to try one of those chokes. If I could pull 220+ consistently from the Feds that's all I would consider shooting. Just judging from the 20ga loads the Fed 7s pack a wallop.