OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My new Mossberg 930 Turkey + results!

Started by Isomaad, April 08, 2012, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossyoakpro

Way to go!!  I too have gotten a lot of knowledge from this site on my project 20 ga.

Congrats on a nice longbeard!!!
Phillippians 4:13

Trapper

IsoMaad, that is a great picture and a great bird!  What type of call/calls did you use for this hunt?

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Isomaad

Thanks everybody for all the nice comments, I really appreciate it. 

FloppinTom, I couldn't agree with you more,  It was pretty chilly yesterday morning as we entered the woods under a full moon and clear skies. But as the sun broke, the woods came alive and everything was just beautiful.  I don't think I could have asked for a better Spring morning.

2much2loud, I feel your pain on the spending lots of money.  Every time I check out this forum it seems like I have this weird need to buy something soon after.  Must be a subliminal message hidden somewhere.  Hee!  Hee!

Trapper, I was using an HS Strut  Derringer mouth call and my buddy was using a friction call but I'm not sure of the brand.  We had a dual going on between two toms (one is in the freezer now) and four jakes.  They were approx. 60 yards apart with us and two decoys in between.  Everything we through at them they would gobble at it.    Heck, I think we could have sang to them and they would have kept it up.  The strutting and gobbling went on for an hour at least.  At one point, one of the jakes got choked or hoarse because he gobbled so much.  I felt like I should have offered the poor fellow some water.  It was hilarious.   I used my call so much, I think I was even getting a sore throat and I didn't think one of those Toms would ever spin around into an open spot so I could get a shot.  I was a nervous wreck after it was over.   With all that my buddy and myself witnessed yesterday morning, we both agreed that our season would have been complete, even if I hadn't closed the deal.  It was just one of those days we are sometimes blessed with.  I can't wait to get back after them.

Trapper

That is just an awesome story...congrats again.

Deputy 14

Nice gobbler man. Congrats. Getting jealous waiting on season to get here.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Nice bird!!   Looks like he's got some nice hooks too.

WildSpur

Cluck more, yelp less

Isomaad

Quote from: Grunt-N-Gobble on April 08, 2012, 09:56:41 PM
Nice bird!!   Looks like he's got some nice hooks too.

Well, he had one spur that had started to hook but he wasn't quite a limb hanger.  Another hunter killed one heck of limb hanger though, that beat me out for the biggest bird contest.  My bird out weighed his but he beat me on spurs and beard.  One of these days I hope I can bag a Freddie Kruger bird.  Hee!  Hee!

Thanks again guys for all your comments, I appreciate it.

gobblercop

In the world of hunting, there is no better feeling than getting to watch those birds strut, fan out, and gobble to show off for the hens RIGHT BEFORE you are able to sweet talk him into range and connect with an awesome, nail in the coffin shot.  Congratulations man, it truly is an addiction!

Isomaad

No doubt!  All the strutting and gobbling I witnessed Saturday was unbelievable,  I was really beginning to doubt I was going to get one lined up though.  But, he finally strutted into the wrong spot (for him that is)  Hee!  Hee!  Thanks!

Nick_The_Tinkerer

bowhunter32

935deadbird

"Another One Bites The Dust"