OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee Guys

Started by Tom Foolery, April 07, 2012, 09:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West_TN_Tanner

Lots of gobblers on our farm. May hear 2 or 3 roost gobbles and then nothing once they're on the ground. I've seen a lot of good birds but they're all henned up

Heeter

They are still henned up on the Plateau! Hopefully this weekend will be a different story.
Cut EM

Trevor2

Mostly roost gobbling here, but have had two different morning where the birds hammered for 1-3 hours after flydown even though they had hens. Worked one lone gobbler from daylight till 3 hrs later that hammered second day of season but wouldnt commit. Finally his gobbling attracted a hen and she led him away.
Strutstopper

pullit

Mine were more vocal before this cold snap hit. Sense this past Friday, I am not seeing or hearing much of anything.

Trevor2

Seen quite a few birds this morning struttin in fields with their ladies and watched a gobbler breed a hen this evening.
Strutstopper

Tom Foolery

I have not been able to get out, this dang job won't let me hunt!  LOL  :)

From talking to some guys that have been hunting around here this cold snap has zipped their lips.

Trevor2

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 11, 2012, 07:01:22 PM
I have not been able to get out, this dang job won't let me hunt!  LOL  :)

From talking to some guys that have been hunting around here this cold snap has zipped their lips.

I was supposed to work today but overslept so when I did wake up I just went hunting they were on the ground by the time I got to em and only heard one gobble once today.
Strutstopper

CallMaker

I'm hunting NW Georgia about 30 miles from the Tennessee line....We are having the same problem.  I wen day before yesterday and was set up an hour before daylight.   Didn't see or hear anything all day.  It's tough this year.
The week before season opened while scouting we seen and heard so many....now nothing!
Steven

oklahomaboy

My first bird I downed on opening day gobbled all the way to my call.  The second nice bird I called in was quiet as can be all the way to the call.  The last week, they have gotten lock jaw.  Saw two good birds today and will resume hunting tomorrow.

Trevor2

Had one hammering off the limb today and hammered till 845, he just wouldnt come farther than 75 yards to see his mistress lol
Strutstopper

Tom Foolery

One bird gobbled one time today, hunted from daylight until noon.

Trevor2

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 14, 2012, 12:44:17 PM
One bird gobbled one time today, hunted from daylight until noon.
Didnt hear or see the first bird today.
Strutstopper

TNTOM

All quiet in West TN. Didn't see or hear a thing today or yesterday.  Saw several single hens in the fields.  Very difficult hunting.

Wingman

Dropped my 16 year old off at 2:15 this afternoon and went about 4 miles down the road to my spot. Just got out of the Jeep and was putting my vest on when he calls and says " Come get me, I got one". I hung up the phone and looked at the time...2:30. This is his 4th bird so hes done in Tennessee. Maybe now I can get my other 2 and head to Kentucky.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TRKYHTR

Sounds like he is becoming a turkey killer. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck