turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

boxes

Started by Chris Downs, April 05, 2012, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Downs

With all the talk of boxes lately, its got me wanting a new box.  I want purple heart and cedar and have been looking at halloran, dad's, and woodsong.  Anybody with any info or suggestions on these three...good or bad...please let me know.  Don't really live in an area where I can just go try out something in the custom-built line.  Thanks.

gwa

I have seen the youtube with hallorans demo of the purpleheart/cedar and it sounds really good.

See culpepper (Scott Witter) on here, he does some really nice work.

Denny

gwa

That wood combo seems very forgiving btw

letinmfly

Good sounding combo but I would opt for a Maple over Cedar.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

TRKYHTR

I got a Dad's call at the convention this year and it sounds great. Plus he's gettin old and might not be making turkey calls much longer. I would pick up one of his if I were you.

TRKYHTR

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Turkey Trot

Jerry White, Dad's Custom Calls, is the king of the purpleheart over cedar box call.

You can be like that guy from Rascal Flats.  :toothy12: :toothy12:

http://www.dadscalls.com/dads_favorite_turkey_calls.htm
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Rope

I have a Dad's,and a Halloran. I use the Dad's the most. Good wood combo.
Freedom is NOT free

culpeper

That IS a great and forgiving combo, both Dave Halloron together and Jerry White make a very good box...I have been known to throw a decent one together now and then ;) :D

woodwzrd

Quote from: culpeper on April 05, 2012, 07:12:36 PM
...I have been known to throw a decent one together now and then ;) :D

You are a very humble man Scott.

Scott's calls are works of art. They are some of the nicest looking and sounding boxes you will find.