OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

1187 ????

Started by gooblnfever, April 04, 2012, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooblnfever

i have a 1187 bought new last year
3 1/2 super mag and it wont feed the shell into the chamber from the magazine.
the shell will hang about 1/4 of the way into the chamber at an angle.

what can i do to get this fixed and working right?

thanks in advance

runngun

Goob, I would take it completely apart and clean it. Magazine tube may be corroded and gunked up. The spring in the magazine tube may be weak, may need a lite stretching.

Good Luck and God Bless
              Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

R AJ

The carrier is the flat piece that you mash down to put a shell into the chamber or magazine. There is an ear on the right sideof the carrier  toward  the magazine . If it is bent inward  just a touch it will not let a shell come up from the magazine to the chamber. Check on this as a potential solution to your problem.

gooblnfever

gtrjames

while cleaning take a bore brush wrapped in steel wool and really give the chamber a good cleaning too.

slicksbeagles1

have a friend that has one and did the same thing his was the rubber gas rings now he keeps a supply on hand to change them out when he starts having problems

captpete

Probably no the problem, but also check to make sure that the piston, piston seal and barrel seal activator are in the correct way. My 20ga. came from the factory with the barrel seal & activator in backwards and would not eject a 2 3/4" shell.

jdoster

I also have had the same issue with my 1187 SM.  I now keep a supply of the rubber rings in my case.