OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE II choke?

Started by EMSDJ2, April 04, 2012, 05:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSDJ2

I currently have a kicks gt .665 in my SBE II....28 inch barrel.  I am shooting Winchester XR 6's and pattern at 40 is not impressive at all.  I was wondering if anyone else with the same setup could recommend a better choke.  Or maybe go down to 650.  Thanks for taking the time to read.

Scooter

nyhunter

What are you getting in a 10" circle? I get great patterns with a I.C .665 from my SBEII and xtend range. I have shot all kinds of choke and shell combos from my gun. I also use a final strut with H-13 shells and that does really good.

I get between 170-190 in a 10" circle with the I.C and xtend range combo.

nyhunter

here are the choke's i'd recommend, all of these company's will work with you changing choke;s until your happy. Final Strut , Sumtoy , I.C , Pure Gold.  Rob Roberts from final strut  exchanged 4 choke's before I found what I wanted, and I have talked with somtoy and they will do the same.

bigboy84

I think you need to go with a tighter constriction because the benelli's are already under bored. I have one and it likes around .650to .655 i got some real good patterns. You might try some #5s with that choke i have the same one you have and it shot them real good out of the .665 kicks. But if your wanting to shoot the #6s i would try the kicks .655 or try the hevi shot choke it shoots real good out of my benelli. I hope this helps.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: EMSDJ2 on April 04, 2012, 05:51:31 AM
I currently have a kicks gt .665 in my SBE II....28 inch barrel.  I am shooting Winchester XR 6's and pattern at 40 is not impressive at all.  I was wondering if anyone else with the same setup could recommend a better choke.  Or maybe go down to 650.  Thanks for taking the time to read.

Scooter

The Hevi-13 Turkey Choke works very well, as does the Wright's #3 Turkey Choke. I've also had excellent results with the SSX "Crio" choke tube.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ghillie

I've shot the IC .665 and Hevi Choke at .667...at 40 yards it was just to tight.   Patterned some different chokes the other day and found a real winner.  I tried a Calson at .685, very good numbers and even pattern but found an even better shooting choke for my SBE2 with a 24" barrel.  I shot the Cabela's Xtra Full Crio at .675....man is this gun dialed in...I'm at work now and will post up patterns tonight in the patterning section when I get home..

EMSDJ2

Thanks for all the replies.  I have shot 3 different loads of 5's and 4's.  6's were the best but very sad for 40 yards.  Too embarassed to count the holes if ya know what i mean. 

nyhunter

SBEII's are finicky gun's. some like really tight choke's some like mine likes a more open choke. This is why I would go with someone that will work with you exchanging choke's until you hit the right combo. This will save you a ton of money.

gtrjames

nyhunter

I'd stay with the win xtended range there a great turkey load, Make sure your poa,poi is the same,mine was way off on my SBEII. shoot at a large 36x36 peace of paper or cardboard. Then find the densest part of your pattern.

SumToy

That will work with HV-13 or Win shell.   Now that has had a problem with poa/poi. Shoot big paper to check poi.  
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Are you sure your gun's point of impact is true to its point of aim?

Benellis are notorious for having poa/poi issues.

bgbuck153

Check out my " multiple chokes/shells " in the pattern picture section.  Sumtoy 670 was awesome with heavy 13, 7's in the 3.5/2.25 shell. The 650 sumtoy was a little too tight and blown.

beagler

I get good results with my SBE 2 which has a 24" barrel shooting a Rhino (.660).
Never Misses

st8tman

My SBEII 24" has a Rob Roberts Final Strut .655 and loves 3 1/2" Magblends.