turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

favorite strikers on bronze glass and crystal

Started by tomanyturkeycalls, April 03, 2012, 06:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomanyturkeycalls

I would like some opinions on everyones favorites for glass and crystal ... thanks

kenturkey89

Brian

WillowRidgeCalls

Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

Longbeardfever4ever

Bronze Glass- Purpleheart and Dymonwood
Crystal- Dymonwood
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

wisconsinteacher

REBELYELL

I have a WH laminated birch flared tip that sounds good on crystal.

captin_hook

I like hickory on glass for just about any sound. If I want to kee kee on glass I like my diamondwood.
When I want to tone it down on glass I like rosewood.

MarkJM

Hickory is my all time favorite striker. Also an osage or locust.
MuellerCustomCalls

Devastator

worth612000

depends on the glass or crystal call, they are not all the same. Different types of wood , sound boards, and design. You wouldn't by chance have a specific call in mind?

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: worth612000 on April 04, 2012, 12:00:55 AM
depends on the glass or crystal call, they are not all the same. Different types of wood , sound boards, and design. You wouldn't by chance have a specific call in mind?
I agree it does depend on the glass or crystal ... you could have two strikers of the same wood and they both sound different on the same call.. just getting some ideas what everyone likes.... I got lots of strikers just trying to get some new ideas.

Lumpy

It's not a religon, it's a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!

Hook's Custom Calls Prostaffer
www.hookscalls.com

worth612000

Well for general ideal purple heart seems to work pretty good on all my glass calls. Purchased a tullipwood striker and it sings on the Halloran mistress but not the Woodhaven crystal.

slicksbeagles1

Buddy Stang makes one of the best strikers money can buy. It is a laminated striker and it will make any call sing. I bought his 1st place crystal call at the NWTF convention which is amazing and just for curiosity I tried the striker on other calls  I  have and it opened up a whole new world. Call Buddy 724-561-4727 and talk to him I don't think he has this striker listed on his website yet but you can't go wrong. 

http://www.talkinstick.com/

panhandlehunter