OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Versa Max???

Started by Trevor2, April 03, 2012, 02:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

I am contimplating getting me a new turkey rig for next year just bc lol What do yall think of the versa max? I havent held or shot one but just thinking about it.
Strutstopper

Turkey Trot

$1,250-1,500 for a Remington shotgun?

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

hunter-b

I think they are bulky also . I have a sbe 2 . They look similar but side by side quite different .

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Trevor2 on April 03, 2012, 02:13:07 PM
I am contimplating getting me a new turkey rig for next year just bc lol What do yall think of the versa max? I havent held or shot one but just thinking about it.

I shot one a bit and like the gun. It felt pretty good to me. The only drawback for a while was finding a high quality turkey choke without paying over a hundred dollars for one. I sold several Briley special order chokes for those guns and people were happy with the performance, just not the price and the wait for them.

Now that Pure Gold has them in both .670 and .660 in ported and "Tempest" models, I look at it much more favorably. Everyone so far who has tried one of those have been very happy as well.

As has been said, it's really all about how the gun feels to you.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

fallsflight

I am extremely happy with mine.  I have the waterfowl edition.  It is a very well made gun that shoots whatever shell you put in it in any kind of weather.  I do not use mine for turkeys, only waterfowl and it has been in all kinds of weather and conditions and performs flawlessly.  The gun points and swings awesome.   The recoil on this gun is fabulous.  3" magnum waterfowl loads and it feels like I am shooting a 20 gauge.  Remington hit a home run with this gun.  If they come out with a blued steel/walnut stocked version, I will have to buy another one!

forcercon1

My beautiful wife gave me 1 for for christmas and it's been a really nice gun. I tried a Kick's choke and the performance was not bad. The factory turkey choke provided 120 on 1 shot and 125 on the 2nd in a 10" using Winchester 3.5" HV #4's. I am waiting on a choke(s) from william at Sum-toy and a choke from PG (from Clark's advice) for more testing.

I don't know that I need to test more but figured I would try to get all that I can out of it. I have not shot any Hevi or Extended range out of it at this point.   

Michigander

Dude, 120 and 125 #4's at 40, that's awesome.

As for the gun, I have heard quite a few good things and very few bad things. I hold out hope that Remington has FINALLY made a decent 3 1/2" autoloader.

nyhunter

Quote from: Michigander on April 04, 2012, 07:20:34 PM
Dude, 120 and 125 #4's at 40, that's awesome.

thats what i was thinking.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

fallsflight

And once again, someone who has never fired or much less handled at a particular gun (in this case the Versa Max) feels the need to comment online as if they somehow had something worth while to contribute to the conversation.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: