OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choking your turkey (not a joke)

Started by SinGin, April 02, 2012, 06:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

My daughter in her first year of collage has just informed me that it is impossible to kill a turkey by choking it. She said that she learned in Biology class today that they have little pores in their wings to help them breath. Do you think she's right or a bit crazy??? Sam

Trevor2

Not sure lol never tried that one, them wings and spurs would play hell trying to choke one lol, but you can choke a goose I know for a fact.
Strutstopper

turkey_slayer

False. When I poke holes in their head to let more air in they end up dieing.

redarrow

Well I tell ya. I wish I had my first kill on video. My wife still laughs about it. I shot a gobbler and he was flopping around so  I grab its neck.It kicked me in the groin and down I went. I wound up with one knee on each wing,both legs in one hand and the other hand around that suckers neck .I choked the snot out of that rascal and he finally gave up the ghost.

Hognutz

Any input on choking your chicken??
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

OLE RASPY

woodwzrd

Quote from: redarrow on April 02, 2012, 07:20:03 PM
Well I tell ya. I wish I had my first kill on video. My wife still laughs about it. I shot a gobbler and he was flopping around so  I grab its neck.It kicked me in the groin and down I went. I wound up with one knee on each wing,both legs in one hand and the other hand around that suckers neck .I choked the snot out of that rascal and he finally gave up the ghost.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
That is freakin hilarious. I would pay money to see that

redarrow

Quote from: Hognutz on April 02, 2012, 07:21:22 PM
Any input on choking your chicken??

I guarantee you it wouldn't take 2 hands. :goofball:

cannonball

Awesome story! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

flhuntress

omg, y'all are bad!!! funny but bad!!!

and i'm going to have to say yes...you an choke a turkey to death.

pullit

I have tears in  my eyes form laughing so hard.... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :icon_thumright:

Big Ugly

Wow I have to wash the IPad after that story..".that was awesome.

On a side note I'm a noob but the first bird I shot was floppin and I stood on his neck.."and Im like 260 lbs. I'm not sure if it was the 5's to the face or he choked but I wasn't losing him.

Mike Honcho

After picking up a flopping tom with about 1 1/2" curved SHARP, spurs and getting my hand cut by the spurs, I use the standing on neck method.   I am 6' , 260lbs and it works well.   I still have the scar on my hand too.

Reloader

A big 10-4 Mike!  I had one laying still years ago, so I reached down and picked up his legs.  Needless to say I still carry the scar.  Had done it that way on piles of toms prior to that one, but learned a lesson.  I now will stand on their head if they are lively or grab them by the neck.

Basser69

Y'all got me in tears over this one  :z-dizzy: