turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Super Bantam 20 and Knoxx Spec Ops stock

Started by gobblergls, April 02, 2012, 12:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblergls

In that my 12 gauges have been replaced with 20 gauges because of the TSS effectiveness, I put my Knoxx Spec Ops stock from my 835 on the Super Bantam 20.  It fits but requires a little modification where the stock keeps the slide release from fully extending--the bolt won't lock.  I didn't notice this until this a.m. in the woods.  Fortunately, the turkey didn't come in.  I test fired without shells and hammer fell, but I don't know if the bolt has a firing pin block when the slide isn't locked.  

I'll probably remove it and replace what I had on it:  the full length stock with recoil pad and a slip on pad on top of the factory pad, and a Beartooth comb kit.  In that configuration, total weight is 6 lbs, 14 ozs.  With the Knoxx, 7 lbs. 7 ozs.  The gun without the Knoxx is not a killer regarding recoil.  I suppose that is because I doubled up on recoil pads with the slip on pad on top of the factory pad to increase LOP.
Before and after Knoxx:

gobblergls

Love a Dremel tool.  A few passes with a carbo wheel then drum did the trick.

Touch up paint:

rtsj

Been There done that. :lol: It fits great and I love it. Such little recoil.

Roy

shootemintheface

this is what I've been looking for, for my son.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gobblergls

Folks,
I took the Knoxx stock off and put back on the original factory stock with recoil pad, the slip on recoil pad and Beartooth comb kit.  The extra 9 ozs. of weight wasn't worth it.  With the redundancy of two recoil pads, there is little felt recoil in my original configuration.  It looks great with the Knoxx, but substance was more important than form for me.

philipriley16

gobblergls

JUGHEAD

I was just about to make a post about this very gun.  I've been looking for the lightest weight, repeating 20 gauge shotgun that I can find.  I've been leaning toward the Super Bantam 20 because 1. it's extremely light 2.  I've had good luck with Mossy pumps 3. It's already tapped so I can put a Fastfire on it 4. it has the 22" barrel 5. it's already camo.

The main problem with getting this gun is that I just don't know if I can ever have another turkey gun WITHOUT a pistol grip stock.  I've just simply grown to love them that much while working a turkey. 

I've been wondering about an add-on pistol grip stock, but I DO NOT want to add weight.  I bought a Choate synthetic from Mossberg for my 935 and it works great without adding very little if any weight.  I'm wondering if there are any other pistol grip options for the Super Bantam?  Sounds like the Knoxx wouldn't be what I'm looking for, even after modifying it to fit.

gobblergls

The Mossy Turkey Thug stock is non-recoil absorbing and is probably lighter than the Knoxx.  Contact Mossberg and see if they will sell you one.  Here's another option:
http://www.shotgun500tactical.com/ATI-6-Position-Adjustable-Shotgun-Stock-p/ati-mrw4100a-.htm