OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Choke for Rem

Started by FL-Boss, April 01, 2012, 10:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 02, 2012, 07:46:54 PM
I ordered some 3/2/7 HEVI... going to try those against the mag blend.   I may get the Ventilator Rem choke too.. since it's real cheap.

Yea its hard to pass up for that price..shoot lead really well too.

ILIKEHEVI-13

None of my Rem chokes I have owned will beat this and that's including my Pure Gold or the 4 Indian Creek chokes I tried.  Again that is only a 3" 2oz load of 7's.

FL-Boss

I did 110 @ 40 yards in a 10in circle with the IC.  The pattern was just as good at 50 yards. I think this is because I shot the 40 yard pattern last ( after 7 rounds)  without cleaning the barrel. I'm just starting to get the hang of all this turkey gun patterning stuff ....and the right way to do it.  You guys take defiantly take this stuff to a whole new level of seriousness.  It costing me some $$$.... but still a hell of a lot cheaper than my last hobby -  owning a boat!

I getting some new targets, chokes, sights, Hevi 13 mag and #7 and going to start over freah. Also going to clean the barrel good between shots next time.

hunter-b

I have a new ventilator .655 when the weather gets better for testing . Cant wait much longer .  :drool:

Wingbone

I've seen my #'s drop with the IC after a few rounds without cleaning, but was still around 150-160. I found alot of plastic in mine after 6-7 rounds between cleaning. Just the way that choke operates.

If you don't want it, I do.  :icon_thumright:
In Hoc Signo Vinces

gtrjames

I'd go with what Clark says.