News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 Barks!!!!!!

Started by Trevor2, April 01, 2012, 12:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

On a Big Tn Gobbler............
April Fools haha sorry fellars had to. But in reality.....
Had an amazing hunt and morning in the woods this morning. Bird we were after didnt gobble till about 730 well after daylight. Gobbled once on the roost and pitched into the middle of a field, and began lightin the world on fire. To say he was hot is an understatement. We got set up not 100 yards away and all he had to do was come around a small clump of trees and be in my lap. Well that didnt happen we battled him for 2 hours right there. He just wouldnt break his strut zone. He finally got spooked out of the field by something but not sure which. He came right through my area at 50 yards, but I couldnt swing quick enough. He hit the ridge and went quite for close to 10 mins. We just sat tight and knew he wasnt with a hen so he would be fired up agian soon. He finally gobbled half way up the ridge. We made the move and had him back within 70 yards but once again wouldnt break his zone to come check the hen. After 3 hours of battling this ol boy his girlfriend found her way back to him and took him away. We didnt get a bird but man that will definatley be a very memorable hunt! Nothing better.
Strutstopper

AndyH

Those are the kinda hunts that make you keep going back for more! Keep after em Trevor

Hognutz

Stay with him. He will slip up sooner or later.. I will wait for the pictures..Good luck, my man!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Trevor2

Ya it was definately a hunt to remember. My buddy and I actually chuckled on our second set up when we realized he was breaking his zone again.
Strutstopper

pullit

Those are the kind of hunts that drive you crazy, but keeps you going back.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: pullit on April 01, 2012, 12:24:07 PM
Those are the kind of hunts that drive you crazy, but keeps you going back.

:agreed:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase