turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

therma cell

Started by Big Willie, March 31, 2012, 07:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Willie

we bought one today got a question  is it ok to put the blue mat in tonight or should we leave it in the wrapper and put it in in the morning?  What if u burn it a couple of hours one day does the lue disk stay good as long as it is not on? thanks

turkey_slayer

I don't know if they have a shelf life or not? I used mine today for the first time since Sept with the mat that was in it and it worked great!

handcannon

Once you take it out of the wrapper, it starts to degrade. They are only good for about 4 hours. I have put them in and only used them for 20 minutes or so and then tried to put them in a tiny zip lock bag and it still did not work after I tried it again. If you do not see a little bit of smoke/vapor coming off of it and can smell the slight fragrance given off, its not working. Another good tell tale is that the skeeters are tearing you up. Dont take them out till you are ready to use them. Go ahead and stock up on refills. They might be a little pricey but they are worth it. Still might want to keep a bottle of skeeter spray in your vest for back up. If its pretty windy, the thermocell dont work that well and the spray will get you out of a bind.

T-town

Best fresh for sure, but I've used them after they sat in the unit for a week, then use it and it repelled all mosquitoes. but since it only takes a minute, just put it in in the morning.

runngun

Yeah I forgot to change mine on opening day, still had the one in it from the end of last season. As I am sure you know it DON'T work like that but I tried anyway. Got tore up by Louisiana Skeeters!!!
Now I got plenty of extras in my vest.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Turkey Trot

Some people cut the pads down to make the supply last longer.  You'll have to test to see if it works for you.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

kdavis31

I've had the same mat in mine for a month now and it's working fine.  I've only had to run it about 15-20 miinutes at a time, but it's still got some juice left in it.

MiamiE

I use mine for a few outings. Always carry a spare of each!