OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what boots do you wear turkey hunting...?

Started by DirtNap647, March 31, 2012, 05:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

Wish I could recommend something but most seem to be junk anymore. They either don't last or leak out of the box. 3 pairs of pronghorns and they all leaked from day 1. Prob going to try meindl or the American made danners. You guys with the grouse boots had any problems leaking?

RutnNStrutn

I wear the Redhead (Bass Pro) knee high snake boots. They are waterproof and lightweight and comfortable. And you can't beat the price! $80 on sale, $90-$100 when not on sale. :icon_thumright: Just like the Rocky's, but they don't leak 2.7 seconds after you start wearing them like the Rocky's do. ::)

870supermagnum

Rocky Snake Boots in Mossy Oak Break Up.   

Reloader

Red Head Bayou zip up snake boots in full APG.  They are by far the most comfortable boots I've ever owned.  They feel just like a good pair of Nike Air sneakers to me.  Two seasons on them so far and they haven't sprung a leak yet.   

I used to only wear Lacrosse rubber boots, but they made my feet sweat too much and weren't the most comfy for long walks.  I looked at Rocky snake boots, but everyone I know that has them said they leaked.

spur collector

Muck Woody Elite and the Danner Pronghorn Snake Boots for me.