Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

what boots do you wear turkey hunting...?

Started by DirtNap647, March 31, 2012, 05:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

935deadbird

I recently purchased a pair of lacrosse alpha burlys. So far I really like em
"Another One Bites The Dust"

Improvinghunter101

I used to wear some lacrosse boots, not sure of the model.  But they gave way real quick.  I was only able to use them for one year.  I then went with some Lacrosse Burly Classics.  They were nice but they were just too big and blocky.  So this year I found some Danner Pronghorn GTX's on sale for $100.  I couldn't believe it.  They are extremely comfortable and very light.  I hope these last me.  But I am proud of the investment as these seem like they could be one of the best pairs of boots I have ever owned if they hold up.

Devastator

hunter-b

Trevor2

Strutstopper

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: Double28 on March 31, 2012, 11:35:35 PM
I've hunted in a lot of different boots, but I am back to Danner for four years now. I wear the Grouse model, not a fan of their imported boots like the Pronghorn, decent boot, I'd just rather pay an American craftsman.

I just recently decided to retire my Danner boots of 25 years, which I bought soon after my first hunt for desert quail with my LL Bean boots that I loved back east. (Cactus thorns go through rubber very easily.) I think my Danners are an early version of the Grouse model, but even the Danner folks couldn't be sure. Given that those American made Danner boots served me so well for 25 years, I had no intention of looking anywhere else.  I ordered the current Grouse model and they should be here this week.

Tom Foolery

Cabelas snake boots are a fantastic boot.  I have worn a pair for 7 years now I think.  No problems with them on our steeps slopes.  I am alsoa a huge fan of the Danner American made boots.  They are pricey but I have a pair of Canadians I have been wearing since 1994.  The Pronghorns are an ok boot also, comfortable and very light, I just like USA made boots. 

The Under Armour socks are awesome, been wearing them for several years now.

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

bowhunter32

i wear the cabelas 16" snake boots...very nice...gore tex

deerhunt1988

Lacrosse mud lite snake boots.they just came out. Truly waterproof and not near as hot as muck woody armors. Like my proghorns too but they don't stay waterproof.

REBELYELL

Danner Sharptail snake boots. Danner discontinued this boot a couple of years ago for some reason, but after searching from coast to coast looking for a pair, I found a store here in MS that still had some in stock. I love them as they are waterproof and comfortable. Maybe the best thing about them is there are no laces, which is a plus when running behind before daylight.

http://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-DAN44410S

cracker4112

When its wet or cold...my Muck's, five years old and still going strong.

If its dry and or hot...Irish Setter Wingshooters.

Both are very comfortable and let me walk all day.  The Muck's get hot here in the spring, especially this year.  I love my Irish Setters, they aren't too hot and very comfortable, but some of the swamps I hunt are too deep for them...

pcgobbler

I have had several pair of snake boots.  Probably at least 2 to 3 pair of Rockys, Lacrooses, and a pair of Redhead.  My concensus is they all leak.  $150 is a lot of money for a pair of boots that leaks after a couple of months.  Next time I am going Danner snake boots.  I have had a pair of Danner workboots, and they were the best pair of boots I have ever owned.

mudhen

New Under Armor HAWS boots in MO Bottomland.

Good so far.....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Rio Fan

Danner Pronghorns work great in the mountains for me.