OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MY TRIGGER FINGER

Started by VAHUNTER, February 24, 2011, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAHUNTER

every year at income tax time Ginger and I use the money to either add or upgrade something for the house. this year it is counter tops. we went with Granite tops. with all the extra weight i had to really re enforce all of the cabinets once i got the old tops off. i was almost done when i run a old staple from the frame work into my second knuckle on my index finger. being a carpenter most of my life this was nothing new (so i thought) within 10 to 15 seconds i was having throbbing pain in my finger. by dark the swelling was setting in. at 2:00am this morning the pain was real and my finger has got to be 3x the normal size. i had not had a tidiness shot for 20 years. so that was my first step this morning. next was to my Dr. she put me on some high strength antibiotics. as of now i have lost all motion of my index finger. hopefully i will see better results by morning. the staple just barely broke the skin. if i had not have seen it i would swear i had been snake bit. the worst part of it all !!! it had to be my trigger finger LOL
I will be posting pics. tomorrow of the new tops.
it is a dangerous world out there. you all becareful
                                             Shawn
Good things come to those who wait

TANK

Sorry to hear about your finger. You should've spent your tax money on a new gun or something, lol! Hope it gets well before opening day.

pullit

DON'T SCREW AROUND WITH THAT it could be Staff Infection. I had a friend do almost the same thing and he wound up in the hospital for several days and lost the tip of his finger.

PLEASE GET IT LOOKED AT NOW!!!!!

BOFF

WOW!!

I bet the tops are nice.

Just wondering though, how many of you want to see the picture of the injured finger instead of the counter tops?  :TooFunny:

Hope you get better.

God Bless,
David B.

Hognutz

Hope everything works out for you, Shawn. Sounds like you really Joe'd yourself. Stay on top of it, and don't doctor the Doctor. Godspeed, my friend..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Skeeterbait

Dang Shawn, I have stapled my hand before but never had it do that before.  At least with your pump you can fire it with your middle finger.  Dont try that with an auto though.  That little knob on the side of the bolt will do a number on a dislocated index finger in a splint.  Don't ask me how I know that.

Hope it heals fast.

turkey slayer

:character0029: :angry9: wow that sucks ...hope it heals quick

njdevilsb

Hopefully it heals up good.  You got some heads to bust.

jv

Man that could be serious, that care of that finger......
Respect the land as well as the game you hunt.

redarrow

Even ol Tom Sawyer showed his bad finger to his buds.Or was it his toe ? Hope you get well ,Bud.

Doug-Va

Man..sounds like you need to give that finger some therapy in the next month or so!!!

Doug

Bonjour

Hope you are doing better Shawn. I have never had something like that happen in all my carpentry experience. Sounds kind of like it could have hit a vessel there, I don't know if staff infection would act that quick, but either way, take good care of it. Get well soon.
    Ryan

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

chatterbox

Take care of that finger, big brother! I hope it heals up soon!

vaturkey

VAHUNTER

Hope your finger is feeling better today. Good luck this spring  !!

VATURKEY :newmascot:
Vaturkey