turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Bird with the 20 ga and TSS - Video Footage

Started by gophert, March 30, 2012, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Well, you won't be able to tell much from the video.  My cousin was filming and was his first time on the camera.  Not only that, we tried to pull off a double which means he had to film and shoot.  Now that I film every hunt, I am more convinced that it really is a blessing when you get it right. 

Oh, and by the way, Hevi Mag Blend will NOT kill a bird when it has to go through a pine tree limb first!

Thanks for all the 20 ga suggestions and thanks to Hal for a great Big20XL TSS load.  The turkey never flopped. 

These 2 birds flew down and came straight to the decoys.  The decoys really had them freakin out!

http://youtu.be/83xhWgogFE4

ENJOY,
Tim

yankeedeerslayer

Hey that looked like a real fun hunt. Birds were wigging out on those dekes. Are those DSDs?
US Army Vet

gophert

Quote from: yankeedeerslayer on March 31, 2012, 05:20:20 AM
Hey that looked like a real fun hunt. Birds were wigging out on those dekes. Are those DSDs?

No...those DSD's are too rich for my blood.  Primos hen, HS Strut Hen, and a carrylite Jake Jr. 

redarrow

Cool video. After the shot I swear that decoy was bobbing its head up and down and saying Uh huh you da man. :TooFunny:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

yelpy

MossbergMike

mr meat

gophert

Quote from: slickyboyboo on April 05, 2012, 07:56:54 PM
Awesome Tim, it was funny how the limb your cousin shot, just happened to be in the middle of the frame.

We didn't even realize he had hit the limb until after we watch the video.  I was giving him a hard time cause I thought he shot the whole tree.  What you couldn't see on camera was my dive out of the way to the left so he could shoot.  I was suppose to lay down, but the more I thought about him peppering my legs, I decided to LEAP out of the way.  No wonder those birds were crazy!

n2deer

Quote from: gophert on April 05, 2012, 09:44:09 PM
Quote from: slickyboyboo on April 05, 2012, 07:56:54 PM
Awesome Tim, it was funny how the limb your cousin shot, just happened to be in the middle of the frame.

We didn't even realize he had hit the limb until after we watch the video.  I was giving him a hard time cause I thought he shot the whole tree.  What you couldn't see on camera was my dive out of the way to the left so he could shoot.  I was suppose to lay down, but the more I thought about him peppering my legs, I decided to LEAP out of the way.  No wonder those birds were crazy!

I bet at that range it would have been more than a peppering. Congrats on the bird.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!