turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2012: The Year Of The Tick.

Started by redarrow, March 30, 2012, 02:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davesonic444

Please say its ain't so. If there is one thing that would send me to the truck it would be ticks. 20 years ago I found 23 of them on myself after a evening fishing a pond in high grass. I have almost a phobia now.

chatterbox

I'm not surprised. I really hate them little buggers!

redarrow

deerhunt1988

I have found them on me after every morning hunt this week...Not cool....Only two have been attached though..

davesonic444

I woke up in camp one time with 15 of them crawling on me. I packed up and never went back.

bird

I remember when I was 16 and I worked a summer job for the Iowa DNR cutting trees down at Otter Creek Marsh and the guy with me dropped a tree right on me but luckily enough only the small branches hit me but unfortunately a tick nest hit me right on top of the head and busted open.  I was covered from head to toe with thousands of ticks.  I bet I set a record for getting back to the shop to take a shower clothes and all to get them off. The shower floor turned black from all the ticks coming off of me while in the shower. 

Now that will give you the Heebie Jeebies!

redarrow

flintlock

Permetherine...works good, but that crap will prob kill me anyways.

Good luck
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

davesonic444

Roostem33

On my trip to South Georgia I found 8 attached and 3 or 4 just crawling, I don't like em!!!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

mcgruff1533

I have a new can of DEET ready to go for this Spring.     

VA_Birdhunter

I hate Ticks!!  Epically the ones up north in Wisconsin.  When I went up there grouse hunting those little ticks were terrible!  So little you can't hardly see them.   Then my hunting buddy got on in his belly button......so guess who had to due the surgery to get it out?    That's right ME....took a pare of tweezers from my first aid kit and a pocket knife to get it out....terrible!!

Actually this might be the fist time I've ever mentioned it after that....traumatizing!!  :begging:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

redarrow

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on March 31, 2012, 01:37:00 PM
I hate Ticks!!  Epically the ones up north in Wisconsin.  When I went up there grouse hunting those little ticks were terrible!  So little you can't hardly see them.   Then my hunting buddy got on in his belly button......so guess who had to due the surgery to get it out?    That's right ME....took a pare of tweezers from my first aid kit and a pocket knife to get it out....terrible!!

Actually this might be the fist time I've ever mentioned it after that....traumatizing!!  :begging:
At least ir wasn't on his butt.

hoyt

I got into what we called seed ticks in Ft. Stewart, Ga. in the 60's and I almost scratched myself to death with them things. You can barely see them with naked eye and they come off in gobs  when you brush against a bush with them on it. Also got into them in Oconee WMA. They embed and itch like chiggers.

Here in Southern Illinois I have never seen ticks so bad. Before I stated mixing up my own Permethrin Home Brew I would pick off close to 50 during spring gobbler season. Most are small and will attach themselves before I could get back to the house and find them while showering. They get on me all the time just out in the yard.

Since using the Home Brew I have no problems with ticks or chiggers.