OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

short barrel Winchester 1300 choke loads?

Started by davesonic444, March 28, 2012, 10:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davesonic444

Anyone have a short barrel favorite choke load combination they would share? I have a 19 inch barrel and would enjoy hearing from you.
Dave

Frankinthelaurels

Been using one since the first year they were introduced...hastings .655 choke and federal 2oz. #5's.... kicks like two mules these little 1300's and the are half semi....just push forward ! They usually blow the shell out on their own..

davesonic444

Mine does. Kicks like a mule and auto ejects lol.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: davesonic444 on March 28, 2012, 10:20:27 AM
Anyone have a short barrel favorite choke load combination they would share? I have a 19 inch barrel and would enjoy hearing from you.
Dave

Hey Dave,

That is a very short barrel. I'd recommend the SSX and some 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot. You may also want to try some of the #7 shot for a more dense pattern.

I have a very short barreled Fox SxS and I have also used the Wright's #3 chokes with that gun with good success, with those same shells.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

schief

just got a 1300 with 22" barrel. got a sumtoy choke .670 to shoot 3" FED HW#7. haven't shot it yet. waiting on my FFIII which is on order.

gobbler777

my 1300 has the 22" barrel. Shooting a 3" Heavy 13 7's through a Pure Gold choke tube = 206 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

paboxcall

My 1300 has a 21" barrel, and I am shooting a Jellyhead .660 with Hevi 3-2-7.  I am averaging 270 in a 10" circle at 40 yards.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

davesonic444

TnTurk

Here's a patten I shot the other day with a 22" barrell :

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,22016.0.html

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

davesonic444

Beautiful patterns guys. I have a pg on the way from bingo I'm waiting till it comes.to shoot my hvy  3-2-7.

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

Mild Bill

I have a 22" barrel 1300 and with Winchester 3" XR #6 shot and a trulock .665 it will do 145 in a 10" circle at a measured 40 yards.  With nice even pattern of the other shot around that.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

davesonic444

killdee

Im shooting a first year model NWTF 1300 with a JH 660 and hevi#7 2oz. and get a fine 40 yard pattern. I shot some #7 heavyweight 1-5/8 federal last weekend even with the slotted choke and got a nice even pattern but not near as dense as the hevi. My 10" counts ran from 190-208 with the JH choke.

BTW I found the Federal fc wad at about 30 yards and it seemed undamaged by the ported JH choke.