OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My Next Turkey Gun

Started by TheWidowMaker, March 28, 2012, 10:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcgobbler

You could get 2 or 3 really nice turkey guns for the price of that one!  Or you could get 1 and a couple of nice turkey trips for that price.

Deputy 14

Just buy an SBEII and send it to Rob Roberts and get his work done. I think he does the work on those guns anyway. Prob be a lot cheaper.

Philippe

Quote from: Borden811 on March 28, 2012, 04:18:54 PM
Quote from: Philippe on March 28, 2012, 03:36:57 PM
I bet my 300 dollar 835 will outperform it

Maybe, maybe not. I've seen some SBE  II's that can flat out shoot. That being said, who cares. If that's what the guy wants, then by all means, he should buy it! If you cant afford one, or don't want to spend that much then don't. To each his own. I know I personally wouldnt spend that much for a dedicated turkey gun, unless I had a lot of extra money laying around. And I don't!

Yep i agree with ya, but we all know how well a good ole properly cleaned up and tuned 835 will perform :toothy9:, just sayin..... lol

joffutt1

Quote from: Philippe on March 28, 2012, 09:04:50 PM

Maybe, maybe not. I've seen some SBE  II's that can flat out shoot. That being said, who cares. If that's what the guy wants, then by all means, he should buy it! If you cant afford one, or don't want to spend that much then don't. To each his own. I know I personally wouldnt spend that much for a dedicated turkey gun, unless I had a lot of extra money laying around. And I don't!

Yep i agree with ya, but we all know how well a good ole properly cleaned up and tuned 835 will perform :toothy9:, just sayin..... lol

Wow.

ghillie

Quote from: Philippe on March 28, 2012, 09:04:50 PM

Maybe, maybe not. I've seen some SBE  II's that can flat out shoot. That being said, who cares. If that's what the guy wants, then by all means, he should buy it! If you cant afford one, or don't want to spend that much then don't. To each his own. I know I personally wouldnt spend that much for a dedicated turkey gun, unless I had a lot of extra money laying around. And I don't!

Holy smokes dude....what's the issue???  I get you like your gun, however, there are other models out there....and they also work pretty good when dialed in

Hooks' n' Beards'

I would take any benneli over any mossberg every time,Mossberg is a Budget Gun,Benneli is Quality and a Great company.Each to there own....

Frankinthelaurels

$2900.00...I don't think they'll be much of line at the counter to pick one up!! I'll stick with my 10% if that cost and sacrifice those extra 10 yards..if it's even that much... but it is nice!! may I'll hit the mega..I'll but every member of this site one!!!!

TheWidowMaker

I'm sure they don't expect to sale many but want to put it out there for those hardcore turkey hunters who want to have the cats meow. It isn't for everyone and honestly I would probably by an SBEII send it to Rob Roberst and get the same gun for 1000 dollars less.

joffutt1

Quote from: GrizzlyMan1980 on March 29, 2012, 03:58:21 PM
I would take any benneli over any mossberg every time,Mossberg is a Budget Gun,Benneli is Quality and a Great company.Each to there own....

Yup

beagler

I have a Benelli SBE 2 and a Mossberg 835. I have to admit my 835 patterns better than my SBE 2 but I still carry my Benelli 75% of the time. Shoulders perfect and a breeze to carry.
Never Misses

Longshanks

As one might be able to tell..allot of folks on this site are all about performance..pretty is..as pretty does. I kinda like that..Gitrdone. :you_rock:

obro

Out of curiosity Philippe share some info on your 835. Barrel length , ammo ,tube and 40 results. I am thinking of dedicated on of my Benellis to waterfowl and may be in the market for another turkey gun and don't want to put a ton of cash in it.

budtripp

My plain jain black SBE2 put up 203 in the 10 with hevi 6's....think I'll stick with it lol.

K9Doc

Mossbergs pattern great.  That being said, I would only use it as a boat paddle and beaver killer!!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
:TooFunny:   You will never see a mossberg shooting 5000 to 10000 rounds at a Skeet or Sporting clays range.  Just saying.  It is a good turkey gun tho.  P.S.  Killed my first 10 gobblers with one.  DONT TELL..... :TooFunny:
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Longshanks

Quote from: K9Doc on March 29, 2012, 11:30:07 PM
Mossbergs pattern great.  That being said, I would only use it as a boat paddle and beaver killer!!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
:TooFunny:   You will never see a mossberg shooting 5000 to 10000 rounds at a Skeet or Sporting clays range.  Just saying.  It is a good turkey gun tho.  P.S.  Killed my first 10 gobblers with one.  DONT TELL..... :TooFunny:

Yup, i had three mossbergs and sold them..good shooting guns but I favored the Rem870's.  Thats true about the gun range. Most of the rental guns i see in those are berettas.  I kinda doubt allot of the folks on here are worried about shooting 10,000 rounds.  These boys are turkey hunters..and once you have a gun sighted in..shooting it 200-300 times..in a lifetime.. at turkeys.. would be allot.