OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ever seen a beard grow on a Tom's wing

Started by killdee, March 26, 2012, 09:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killdee

A Georgia member of the GON forum posted this today. Told him to ask here in the biology forum but it seems to be slow so I thought I'd try here. What do yall think?

OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY

On another note (im not doubting it or anything) but you prolly need to post up pics where it actually shows it growing from the skin on its wing.

sugarray

It is likely a "tumor" of skin cells. These just happen to be the cells that grow the beard.  Women have ovarian tumors that grow hair and teeth inside.  Just my thoughts.

paladin

Well as you know the beard is actually only a different type of quill. This would kind of be like having a third nipple or the sixth toe or being born with a tail.
"have gun-will travel"

jakebird

Who cares where it grows? The question we should all be asking is will the books still recognize beards sprouting from these odd locations and how can we manage our local flocks to produce these multi-bearded freaks.   :D
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

bowhunter32

gosh ray teeth?.. i got a bad visual!....not lol!!!!

redarrow

That different for sure. I have seen pics of deer with a leg growing out their back. The local vet has a two headed calf mount too. 

guesswho

Never seen that before.  I saw a beard that grew on the back of my Mother-in-laws right shoulder.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

WildSpur

Quote from: guesswho on April 01, 2012, 09:47:51 AM
Never seen that before.  I saw a beard that grew on the back of my Mother-in-laws right shoulder.

Now that is funny! :TooFunny:

I remember seeing on tv many years ago what you are talking abount Sugar Ray.  The woman had a 100+ pound tumor and when examined hair and teeth were found.  Freaky---still remember it!

That bird would be at the taxi--that has to be 1 in a million!

Cluck more, yelp less

FullChoke

I guess you could score him as a multiple beard bird.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.