OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

West Virginia

Started by Deputy 14, March 25, 2012, 11:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

How many of the rest of you guys in WV are starting to get stir crazy waiting on April 23rd after reading about everyone else already killing birds?

joffutt1

Uh, present.

Thinking about burning some vacation days for turkey since I just purchased a whole new setup. I usually do a lot more work for deer and save it for that season but me having a new gun is making those vacation days burn a hole in my pocket.

sugarray

ME!!!!!

Driving me crazy.  Just got my guns lined in.  20 gauge for my boy is ready.  Shells loaded. 

Got to get the 12 gauge shells loaded and might pattern a few more.  I am ready.  Time to really get to scouting and tying up one for my boy!

redarrow

Not from WV but im going nuts in Mich. waiting for April 23 rd myself.

Woodsman4God

Quote from: redarrow on March 26, 2012, 10:05:14 AM
Not from WV but im going nuts in Mich. waiting for April 23 rd myself.

Me too, I still have a little more fine tuning to do before season starts though

joffutt1

When are they going to move the date to April 1st where it belongs. Season starts about 3 weeks to late every year. It's bad enough only being able to hunt until noon but a late opener hurts even worse.

Cutt

Quote from: joffutt1 on March 26, 2012, 06:56:24 PM
When are they going to move the date to April 1st where it belongs. Season starts about 3 weeks to late every year. It's bad enough only being able to hunt until noon but a late opener hurts even worse.

We feel your pain in PA, not open till the 28th here?

darron

Ohio doesn't open up until the 23rd as well. This warm weather has got me stir crazy. Been hearing pretty decent gobbling the past two weeks. A neighbor that lives right next to my farm called me and said Friday evening the birds were hammering in the hollar behind his house. I've been watching 6 jakes, 4 toms and 30+ hens on my trail cams for the past month. Hopefully they stick around.

Deputy 14

I don't see them opening it the first of April. I've talked to a couple of my buddies that are conservation officers and they say that the reason it opens so late is because the wildlife biology section of the DNR think that too many birds would be killed and the reason it closes at 1pm is because the hens go to nest and makes gobblers too susceptible to calls. Kinda stupid but they make the rules.

FloppinTom

I watch the toms strut along Rt.51 here in eastern panhandle on the way home from work every evening. I hope all the gobblin is not over by the time season comes in. Leaves are coming out on the trees here already. Its killin me.
Go early, stay late, be patient and sit still.

WVhuntEER

I can't wait!   Although I hunt a lot in VA too and it starts on the 14th!  :you_rock:

hookedspur

I will be there IF IF IF it ever gets here >>>>
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ceejay

I'm ready and waiting.  I've got a couple of good buddies that I really look forward to turkey hunting with.  Whether or not we get a bird, it's always a good time anyways.

poeboy18

We have a farm in Mason Co. It's kills me to wait for it to open. But I will make up for it when I hunt KY on the 14th. And hopefully I get drawn for Fort Knox on the 7 and 8th.
Knocking Heads Off

archery1

Quote from: joffutt1 on March 26, 2012, 06:56:24 PM
LIVE IN Pa.     SO WE GOTTA WAIT TILL 28TH.. LIKE SAID ITS 3 WEEKS TO LATE.. MOVE THE SEASON UP!!!!!!!!!
PENNSYLVANIA NEEDS TO REVISE THIS !!!!!!!!
Take a kid hunting