OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Two for me...

Started by Gobblerstopper, March 25, 2012, 03:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobblerstopper

Since I seldom put any calls together for my own vest, I figured this would be a good year to do so.  I've gotten back into making more aluminum calls and started using more bronze glass.  I love the aluminum with the carbon striker and the bronze glass is taking the place of a crystal call that I turned in 2005 and have brought in a little over 100 birds with since then.  Didn't think I would find a call to replace it, but this one is getting its first shot in Florida next weekend.

Both pots are yellowheart and the aluminum has a yellowheart/carbon striker.  Both strikers have a CA finish on them.

The aluminum carrys some good rasp without being very high pitch.  The bronze glass over yellowheart is one of the better sounding calls I think I have put together.  It has a pretty high front end and ends with a little bit of rasp with the yellowheart striker.  More rasp with a purpleheart striker and less rasp with a persimmon striker.  The yellowheart seems to hit just about the middle of the other two.

chatterbox

Those are beautiful Andy! Knowing how your calls sound, those 2 are gonna be killers for sure! :icon_thumright:

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

dreis3

Those are sweet Andy!  :icon_thumright:
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

dlquinn

Sweet looking calls...I really like that bronzed glass  :icon_thumright:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

hunter22

Nice pair of calls Andy. I bet they sound great.

870BkWht

triune

Nice work Andy, hope you get'em bloody in FL.

Sully53

:icon_thumright: Sharp looking calls Andy!!!!

blacky

That is 2 excellent looking calls and I am sure they sound great.
A  full line of calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

worth612000

Very sharp looking calls. I like the tint of the bronzed glass, it really looks good with the yellowheart.

cannonball

Gobblerstopper

THanks for the compliments. Hopefully they will be talking to some gobblers in 4 days.

I too like the looks of the bronze glass.  I am going to paint the inside of the next yellowheart pot black. With the tracks and signature on the soundboard and the bronze glass. That will make a sharp looking call.

kenturkey89

Brian

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!